I would like to buy the View but need your help

Sheep Creek

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
Hello all,

I have read as much as I could find about the Galaxy View, as well as called Samsung. But before I go out and purchase the View, I am still in the dark about a few things that are important to me. No sales person was sure about their answer and some gave contradicting information.
Hopefully you guys can help me out .

I want to use the View in a cottage where I have no internet access, no wifi and no cell phone coverage.

I have a Netflix account. Could I download movies with The View (through the Netflix app) and access them when I am off-line in the cottage?

Does The View have a regular USB port, like 2.0 or 3.0?

If YES, Can The View import/transfer/copy movies from a USB Flash Drive?

If YES, can The View play back movies with a player app of my choice, like: VLC Media Player? Most of my movie files are .mkv format.

When I am off-line/no internet connection or wifi, can I use my Samsung Galaxy Phone's "screen mirroring" function with The View?

When you play a Netflix movies, does it make use of the full 18.4" screen?

I believe The View may be the perfect solution to what I need in the cottage, but without knowing the answers to these questions I feel very unsure.

Thank you for your help!

Karen

john905r

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
No USB port only a micro USB port. I have never used my View to watch movies. Using Netflix is great. The whole screen is used and looks great. I hope I helped you!!!!!!

Sheep Creek

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
Hi John, thank you for your feedback! Glad that there is a micro usb port. I can use that with a usb adapter. When you are on Netflix, do you see a "download " arrow/symbol next to a movie or a TV episode? Thank you again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol