I would like to use my LG G4 Verizon phone which I have running on the AT&T network as a hotspot. How can I do this?

A

AC Question

I would like to use my LG G4 Verizon phone which I have running on the AT&T network as a hotspot.

My G4 was bought from VZW and since there is no VZW coverage at my new house, VZW allowed me to move to another carrier without penalty. Now I am using AT&T and am pretty happy with the service. Only problem I have is the Hotspot not working. When turning hotspot on, the phone displays a message (notification pop-up) directing me to go to my Verizon account or contact customer service.
Is there a way to use this device as a hotspot with AT&T service?
Thanks,
Adil

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: I would like to use my LG G4 Verizon phone which I have running on the AT&T network as a hotspot

I would contact customer service. I know you switched carriers, but it can't hurt to tell Verizon what your issue is and they may have an answer. If your phone is telling you to contact them, there has to be a reason.

Conversely, you may need to add Tethering to your plan. I had to on T-Mobile.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: I would like to use my LG G4 Verizon phone which I have running on the AT&T network as a hotspot

Does VZW work everywhere else but your home? Why not just get an AT&T hotspot and run your VZW phone off that. It can make and receive calls via wifi from the AT&T hotspot. One of the features i really like about this phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Does VZW work everywhere else but your home? Why not just get an AT&T hotspot and run your VZW phone off that. It can make and receive calls via wifi from the AT&T hotspot. One of the features i really like about this phone.

LG G4 does not have native wi-fi calling that I'm aware of. Am I missing something?

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-wireless-wont-support-wi-fi-calling-until-mid-2015

Well i was going to say it should be but i guess it a Verizon thing. Try calling them up to verify.

My Sprint G4 does. One of the reasons i went back. Why go pay more on another carrier when i can just buy a prepaid hotspot that works in the small area I'm having an issue in? If Verizon is not supporting wifi calling then their theory is causing them to lose customers.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I don't think it's on ATT. I'm fine with that. Rollover data gives me more data that I can use in a month anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron1morgan