Ice Cream Sandwich-Let's Get Serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
who doesn't like sweets?
I personally remember when iPhone was only offered only on one network. I went with the original Droid and haven't looked back. Not only did Apple lose me as a customer for their phone and tablets,I don't buy my music from iTunes anymore either. I still have a MacBook, but I rarely use it. When I look to see what latest and greatest device is coming out its always Android.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

sj993

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I regularly get 15 hours with quite a bit of use. I got 21 hours once while I was experimenting, but 2-3 days is awesome! Are you rooted?

Yes, it is rooted. With a few smart actions set up, I can easily get a day and a half with moderate to heavy usage. Light usage can stretch it to 2-3 days.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I think what that shows is very little use when compared to what I do during the week and I feel what I do is very little while my friend on his IPhone is pumping away all day with no worry about charging

Well quit ing an get an iPhone then.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I think what that shows is very little use when compared to what I do during the week and I feel what I do is very little while my friend on his IPhone is pumping away all day with no worry about charging

You need to read the battery life threads in this forum then. 12-15 hours for a Razr is pretty much a min standard. And the posters around here use their phones alot.

bigrickie77

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
hey roachman55 if you don't like Android then go get a piece of crap i phone.we will see how long it takes you to get on here complaining about that also.you sir are a toll.

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
hey roachman55 if you don't like Android then go get a piece of crap i phone.we will see how long it takes you to get on here complaining about that also.you sir are a toll.

Thats not very nice talk. The IPhone is selling more from all carriers than the android, must be a reason why. I like my Razr but what I'm trying to say is people that think battery life is so good and it's not. I keep my background data turned off and GPS and with minimal use the battery drops drastically. My friends Iphone has gps turned on all the time and data is on and he never worries about charging and he is playing with it all the time on Facebook. Dont get me wrong I am not condemning the Androids I just hate when some say they get more than a day out of battery on Razr. I have had 3 smart phones now and all the same

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Mid Q2 2011
40 Percent of U.S. Mobile Users Own Smartphones; 40 Percent are Android | Nielsen Wire

Q3 2011
Nielsen: 66% of Americans ages 24-35 own a smartphone - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech

Q4 2011 (notice only a 7% in sales sue to Iphone 4s while Android CONTINUED TO SELL)
Redirect Notice

Q1 to present day 2012
Game Over: Latest Nielsen survey says over 90 percent of US Smartphones purchased in last 3 months are iOS or Android | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

and it says.. and I quote... "Overall, Android continues to lead the smartphone market in the U.S., with 48 percent of smartphone owners saying they owned an Android OS device. Nearly a third (32.1%) of smartphone users have an Apple iPhone, and Blackberry owners represented another 11.6 percent of the smartphone market."

I have no idea where you get your statistics. But you sir... are 1000000000000000% WRONG!

battery life has a thread. READ IT! Its user dependent. If it sucks, then that all on you. Not Android. Not the manufacturer. Not Google. Not even the little lithium ions inside it. Its all.. YOU! Now, Im sure that the RAZR had a 3 in screen, no buttons, 2G/3G only, less sync capabilities, less functionality, and over all lower technical hardware specs like the Iphone 4S has... im sure we could get 2-3 days on 1 charge too.. But we dont. We have phones that.. well.. are better in every aspect of mobile technology. Battery life has always been an issue. READ THE BATTERY THREAD! HERE!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr/133276-battery-life-tips-tricks.html

btw--- ""3 smartphones and all the same""... in the tech world, we call that USER ERROR!

Stop complaining... stop trolling us... deal with your phone, educate yourself, get battery apps, root, freeze stuff, LEARN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or... get an iphone.. just stop complaining and trolling... Stop posting incorrect facts based on your experience ALONE..... Android is a huge community. Bigger than IOS... Stop Trolling! 95% of us not having the issues you have... deal with it!:mad:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
apple does so have problems too they aren't perfect the apple store has viruses and malware too some iPhones lag and they are easy breakable both my cousins have iPhones and don't know shi bout the specs just got em to be cool smh lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

I agree, Apple does have issues as well. Mine have been minor compared to Android issues but choice vs a controlled ecosystem. The ecosystem always runs better because it is run with an iron fist. I am waiting for a android device to come out that solves some of the segmentation issues. Let's face it, Android OS is so much fun. As far as the desert names, kinda nerdy, but fun.

Reactions: Mellimel22

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I used to work at a software development company as a QA tester and let me tell you, the internal naming for their software was really off the wall. The reason for the internal naming was not to officially give it a version number until it reached full development otherwise you would have version 1008 rather than version 4. I even knew some guys that used to codename software by the stripper names they used to encounter when they went out.

Google is a bit more open and rather then keep the codenames secret they let it out.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Thats not very nice talk. The IPhone is selling more from all carriers than the android, must be a reason why. I like my Razr but what I'm trying to say is people that think battery life is so good and it's not. I keep my background data turned off and GPS and with minimal use the battery drops drastically. My friends Iphone has gps turned on all the time and data is on and he never worries about charging and he is playing with it all the time on Facebook. Dont get me wrong I am not condemning the Androids I just hate when some say they get more than a day out of battery on Razr. I have had 3 smart phones now and all the same

I'm an IT professional and I can tell you from experience, 40% my company has Android, 10% have Blackberry's and 50% have iPhones. The argument you raise about the iPhone having a better battery life is garbage, some iPhone users here complain that they have to plug their phones in half way through the day otherwise it will be dead on their way home. It all depends on the carrier your on, the area you're in (signal strength) etc. I have a Razr with 4G turned off and I get 10-12 hours of good use on my phone. I have 4G turned off because the area I am in has crappy 4G reception and the radios keep hunting between 3G and 4G chewing through my battery.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site

First of all you need to define "good". I am pleased with my battery life so it is good to me.

It's obvious that Android battery life won't be as good as a simple flip phone or a feature phone. Anyone who thinks that is fooling themselves.

So I guess the question is what do you think is good and why are you here constantly battling with people that don't agree with you.

We get your point. We disagree with you but get your point. So why continue the battle? We'll never agree so it's best to part ways at this juncture.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
First of all you need to define "good". I am pleased with my battery life so it is good to me.

It's obvious that Android battery life won't be as good as a simple flip phone or a feature phone. Anyone who thinks that is fooling themselves.

So I guess the question is what do you think is good and why are you here constantly battling with people that don't agree with you.

We get your point. We disagree with you but get your point. So why continue the battle? We'll never agree so it's best to part ways at this juncture.

One word: Troll

You sir are high as a kite

Qft not sure how I missed that.

Reactions: roachman55
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members