Ics confirmed for thunderbolt!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I hope they take their sweet time. Or, don't do it at all (since if they do it'll be forced). The folks over in the GNex forums are having all sorts of issues that I'd rather not deal with. Maybe after three or four updates it'll be okay. I dunno... my TBolt is sure stable and smooth. I wouldn't want to trade that for a less than stable/smooth ICS.

Also, personally, I think the rep that eluded to ICS coming for the Thunderbolt was blowing smoke. And that would be just fine with me.

-Frank

droid77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I hope they take their sweet time. Or, don't do it at all (since if they do it'll be forced). The folks over in the GNex forums are having all sorts of issues that I'd rather not deal with. Maybe after three or four updates it'll be okay. I dunno... my TBolt is sure stable and smooth. I wouldn't want to trade that for a less than stable/smooth ICS.

Also, personally, I think the rep that eluded to ICS coming for the Thunderbolt was blowing smoke. And that would be just fine with me.

-Frank

+1.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
By the time HTC pollutes ICS with Sense and VZW poisons it with apps nobody wants and cant be removed ICS won't remotely resemble ICS.

If they actually put vanilla unadulturated ICS on our bolts I see no reason to believe they won't be a smooth as butter.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
By the time HTC pollutes ICS with Sense and VZW poisons it with apps nobody wants and cant be removed ICS won't remotely resemble ICS.

If they actually put vanilla unadulturated ICS on our bolts I see no reason to believe they won't be a smooth as butter.
Tons of people like Sense. I do. One thing I've noticed while lurking in the "Pure Vanilla Google" phone forum is all the previous HTC Sense people are asking... how do I do such and such, where is the such and such settings, what happened to the such and such functionality. Only to be told that they need to download yet another "app" to perform that function. It's a rude awakening to a lot of people just how much they like and have been relying on functions built into SenseUI.

-Frank

Reactions: mrtonk

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree that Sense LOOKS great but it isn't fast and smooth because it uses up too much resources.
If you love it as is wonderful! I would like the OPTION to have vanilla ICS or AOSP in which everything works as it should. Current roms derived from partial code from other phones will always have some bugs.
There's nothing wrong with trying to make aosp LOOK like Sense because then you can pick and choose ONLY the Sense elements you like. That way phone looks cool but can still be faster and smoother and use less power.
If you had quad core processors with the speed and memory of gaming computers Sense could run fine. As is it uses up too much of our processors resources imo. No question Sense is the prettiest UI
There is actually a developer working on the skyraider rom who is trying to remove as much Sense as possible while retaining the key elements allowing navigation and verizon sign in engine to work properly. Could be pretty cool.

drkstoner

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
...just a note as someone that has ICS devices Prime and GNex, most people haven't thought to do it but you can remove any app on ICS without root now, you just get a message that tells you you shouldn't remove preinstalled apps, so I am not to worried about them destroying it with apps I won't use as for sense I just hope they take a step back and realize the ICS UI is pretty nice on its own just Leave the Sense widgets and all will grand

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Unless something has changed I don't think ICS will be on the thunderbolt soon. I say that because Android 2.3.6, sense 3.0 and MR4 radios will be coming to the thunderbolt Very soon. I'm posting this from a leaked version right now.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Unless something has changed I don't think ICS will be on the thunderbolt soon. I say that because Android 2.3.6, sense 3.0 and MR4 radios will be coming to the thunderbolt Very soon. I'm posting this from a leaked version right now.
Agreed on ICS. Question: When should we all start incessantly poking "Check New" for software update? :D

-Frank

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I think by time they get ICS to the TBolt, most of us (old users) will have already moved onto a phone that is running ICS or Jelly Bean. I think HTC/Verizon will promise and promise us it saying it is coming....and then the excitement will die down and then they will make an announcement that since the TBolt is old, they won't.

just my 2 cents. Personally, I am running smooth with my TBolt...a glitch here and there, but nothing major!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko