ICS download for skyrocket now at kies

Grampy7

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
AT&T Cell Phones: How do I update my Samsung Galaxy S? Skyrocket? to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich?
Samsung Galaxy S? II Skyrocket? Android 4.0 ICS Upgrade
Android? 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade is available for the Samsung Galaxy S? II Skyrocket? (SGH-i727).

Follow these download instructions carefully.

Android 4.0 Explained*
*Please note: not all features on your device will have the ICS features explained in this article.

What's New
Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is the latest version of the Android platform for phones, tablets, and more. It builds on the things people love most about Android ? easy multitasking, rich notifications, customizable home screens, resizable widgets, and deep interactivity ? and adds powerful new ways of communicating and sharing.

Back Up Your Information
This software update was designed to apply an update to the operating system of the device while leaving certain types of user data intact, including pictures, videos, and contacts. To be safe, it is best practice to always back up all data in the event that your information is lost.

Please refer to the Kies Backup/Restore FAQ to learn more about backing up your personal data. Certain settings, such as wallpaper and music settings, will be reset back to factory default (see list below).

What to Expect after the Update
?Home screens: Items that have been added to the home screen, such as home screens that have been added/removed, applications, widgets, and wallpaper (if the current wallpaper is not supported by ICS) are reset to default. Lock screen images will be preserved.
?Application Menu: The application menu sorting, folders and home keys will be reset. Downloaded applications will be preserved.
?Contact Groups: All Contacts and Contact groups will remain. However. contacts within the contact groups will be removed.
?Email: Email accounts that were added as a Social Hub or Samsung premium account will be removed.
?Music: Music playlists and settings (Equalizer, Sound effect, Music menu) will be reset during the update.
?Bluetooth: Paired bluetooth devices will be removed during the reset.
Note: Your SIM card and any external microSD? memory card may remain installed during this update. You may remove either or both prior to beginning the process, if desired. Remember to re-install both after the update process has completed.

How Do I Check My Current Software Version?
1.From any home screen touch Menu > Settings > About Phone.
2.Scroll to the bottom and look for Baseband Version. It should be I727UCKK1, I727UCKJ2 or I727UCLA3 before updating. It will be I727UCLF6 after the update.
How Do I Get This Update?
This update is available through Windows and Mac computers using the Samsung Kies software application only. This update will not be made available over-the-air.

Samsung Kies
Click the button below to go to the Samsung Kies page.

After you download Kies for your platform, switch back to this article and follow the appropriate steps below.

Requirements
?Windows Operating System
?Microsoft? Windows XP, Vista, & 7
?Processor: Intel Core Duo 2GHz
?Memory (RAM): 1GB Free
?Hard Drive Space: At least 500MB
?Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768
?Required software: Windows Media Player 10, .Net Framework 3.5 SP1, DirectX 9c, Adobe Flash Player
?MacOS
?OSX 10.5 to 10.7
?Processor: 1.8GHz
?Memory (RAM): 512MB Free
?Hard Drive Space: At least 100MB
?Sufficiently Charged Battery
Note: The Kies software will prompt you when the battery is not at a adequate level. It is highly recommended to have a fully charged battery before starting the upgrade.

?USB Data Cable (Included In Retail Box)
Note: This is the same cable used to charge your device.

Launching and Auto-Updating Kies
After the download is complete, launch the installer and allow Kies to install on your system. If you are prompted to reboot the system, do so before proceeding.

Auto Updating
Once Kies is up and running, you may see a pop-up prompt similar to the one below.

Version shown will vary.
Click Update to allow Kies to update itself to the latest version available.

Read and accept the License Agreement by populating the I Agree check box and clicking Next.

Kies will begin downloading files. Once Kies has completed its update process, it will close and relaunch itself. You are now ready to update your device.

How Do I Update My Galaxy S? II Skyrocket??
1.Connect your device to your PC or laptop using the supplied USB cable.
2.Ensure that Kies recognizes your device by looking in the upper section of the left-bar navigation menu. Your device should be listed.

3.Once Kies recognizes the device you will see the following pop-up.

Firmware versions shown will vary.
4.Click Update.
5.Read through the Caution pop-up and, if you agree, click to populate the I have read all of the above information checkbox.
6.Read the Allow saving of information statement and select Allow saving or Proceed without saving and then click Start upgrade.

7.Kies will begin downloading firmware upgrade components from Samsung servers. This will take a few minutes depending on the speed of your Internet connection.

8.After a few minutes, Kies will then begin transferring the firmware binary to the device.

During the upgrade process, you will see the Android logo on your devices screen.

On your computer, you will see the Kies screen below.

10.After a few more minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed.

Versions shown will vary.
11.Click OK. You can now disconnect your device from the PC. Once the device has rebooted it will be ready to use.
Personal Data Restoration From Kies
If you performed a data backup from your device to Kies prior to performing the update, you can now restore that data back to the device under the new Ice Cream Sandwich operating system.

Refer to the Kies Backup/Restore FAQ to learn how to restore your personal data.

Common Questions
General Questions:
?Does the I727UCLF6 upgrade contain an operating system upgrade to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)?
?Yes. LF6 contains the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade.
?Can I upgrade directly to LF6 from any previous released software for the Galaxy S? II Skyrocket? (SGH-i727)?
?Yes, Kies will automatically upgrade to LE5 from either I727UCKK1 or I727UCKJ2 previously released official software versions.
?Will Kies work on my Mac?
?Yes, Mac OS Minimum Requirements are:
?OSX 10.5 to 10.7
?Processor: 1.8GHz
?Memory (RAM): 512MB Free
?Hard Drive Space: At least 100MB
?Can I take my phone to an AT&T store for the upgrade?
?No, stores do not have the proper tools to perform the software upgrade.
?What are the capabilities of Kies?
?You can manage music, movies, and photos. Manage music, movies and photos, backup precious contacts and calendars; or download apps and podcasts and automatically upgrade device firmware. Kies conveniently syncs your life across all your devices.
Troubleshooting Kies Connection
Troubleshooting the Kies Connection on your Windows PC
If you are having trouble connecting, follow these steps.

1.Disconnect the device from computer and launch Kies.
2.Click "Troubleshoot connection error".

3.Please make sure your device is disconnected from Kies and click Start to run the troubleshooting process.

4.Kies is now initializing the Connection history (The time may be longer depending on your PC performance.)

5.Connection error troubleshooting process is complete. Click complete.

6.Connect your device to your PC.
If you are still having connecting issues please try the following:

1.Please remove all previously installed Samsung software or drivers.

Click the appropriate Windows version for information to uninstall software and drivers from your Windows PC.

Windows XP Windows Vista Windows 7

2.Make sure you are using an official Samsung USB cable.
3.Try a different USB port.
4.Reboot computer after installing Kies.
5.Uninstall & Reinstall Kies.
Troubleshooting the Kies Connection on your Mac
1.Disconnect the device from computer and launch Kies.
2.In the Menu bar click Tools,

3.Click Install driver

4.Click Yes, to proceed with installation.

5.The drivers required for connection will be reinstalled.
6.Connect your device to Mac.
If you are still having connecting issues please try the following:

1.Make sure you are using an official Samsung USB cable.
2.Try a different USB port.
3.Reboot computer after installing Kies.
4.Uninstall & Reinstall Kies.

Content Feedback
Q1: How satisfied were you with this content?

Very Satisfied Satisfied Somewhat Satisfied Dissatisfied Very Dissatisfied Q2: Tell us what you think. What could we have done to answer your question better.
Type your response here. Submit
Thank you!We appreciate you filling in this questionnaire and thank you for helping us improve the Samsung.com website. OK Copyright@ 1995-2011 SAMSUNG. All rights reserved.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Grampy.. I see you just joined the forum, so is your SR new also? I'm a total noob about to get an SR since I'm not that bonkers over the GS3. Would you recommend I do this update before setting the phone up so I start with ICS instead of GB? I already installed Kies on my WinXP laptop, so hopefully it will work. I also opened a Samsung account so that's ready to roll also.

Also, are there new features for the camera like burst shooting or anything? I also understand Nova is one of the better ICS launchers too. Thanks.

Red326

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
After I install Kies it prompts me to update I click ok, it updates, restarts and then tells me to upgrade Kies again? Like a loop over and over.I have tried for the last four hours install, uninstall. Ready to pull my hair out with this. Running vista pro 64 bit.any tips? Help!

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I had the exact same issue on my vista desktop I eventually gave up and used my windows 7 laptop. I suggest you try another computer

Sent from my A100 using Android Central Forums

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Would you recommend I do this update before setting the phone up so I start with ICS instead of GB?

I would. I have to reconfigure my home page layouts since the update. Since you would have a unaltered SR to start, then I would just go ahead and update it via Kies at the start.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos