ICS Frequently Called List - How do you delete it?

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried clearing the data for the Phone app under Managing Apps? To get to the Phone app, you need to select "All" in the menu across the top in the Apps settings screen, by swiping left on that top menu area.

I have not tried clearing the data for the phone app myself, so I cannot verify that this will get rid of the frequently called numbers list. But that is one of the places you might try.

Also, there are some "history erasing" apps available that clear history lists. Look for one that works for ICS phone app.

Acad23

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
The only way I've found to do it, and mind that I'm a very inexperienced android user, is to delete the contact and then re-enter it in ur contacts once it's off the log.

Well there is another way, and that's by using the app called Vault by NQ Mobile.

That "seems" to prevent that contact from showing on the Frequently Called log under Favorites in the dialer. Notice I said "seems". I only tried that approach once. Other 'hide' type apps may work or even work better.

It's my understanding that History eraser and such won't work on 4.0.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know how to delete the Frequently Called list? Other threads I've found didn't seem to provide any help.

Wait are you talking about the list in the phone where it simply shows all the calls you made or recieved? If so, just press the Menu button (while in that list) and it'll give you the option "Clear call log".

ultim8gamr

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
This is the list under the "favorites" tab in contacts correct? when viewing the window with recently contacted, open settings and select "remove from favorites" it brings you to a new window to check the names which you would like removed from favorites or recently contacted. No third party app needed. works on Galaxy s3 running ICS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45