ICS is here!!!

MrBratt

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had difficulty signing into their Samsung account after updating to ICS? I simply cannot log into it anymore. Not really sure why I want to, but I feel I need to :).

Thanks,
Mike

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Wiseblood

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: ICS is Here!!

Hey Guys, last night i checked for updates and found that there was an update for my Tab 10.1 wifi. I upgraded and now have Android 4.04 !!!!!!

The tab is much faster and is using a diff touchwiz. Colors and everything is a little different but definitely a great improvement. This added a little more life into the tab as it was reaching EOL in my household.

The update was 254 mb for those that care to know.
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Any particular reason you didn't see the other threads announcing this?

reg67

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Updated my 10.1 tab last night to 4.0.4. First impressions are looking good and has given the tab an internal face lift. As far as performance I haven't been able to play with it too much. Will report back once in do.

In case it's region dependant I'm in the Uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrBratt

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
That's weird. I'm in Buford and i got it on Monday. I personally think it must be based on device serial numbers or something like that...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I would just flash the official ROM. I did it for the first time when the UK update was released and it was as easy as can be. You don't need to be rooted and when the next update comes up, you can get the OTA or flash again.
I don't understand the benefit of waiting unless you're very afraid of not knowing what could go wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

baron94

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I updated my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 yesterday and besides the fact that I had to replace my apps and tweak my personalizations, it seems ok. Except now I realized that I am unable to play any videos in websites through the browser! The only thing that works is You Tube. The update was performed over the air, and seemed to go through flawlessly. I don't know what the issue is, but I really need this fixed.

baron94

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok, after a little research, I found out that it is the Flash that is causing the problem. I re-installed Adobe Flash 11, but there are still limitations. Adobe will not be updating the flash for any version above ICS. Now I am not sure if switching browsers on my device will remedy the situation, but it something to consider trying. I know the new technology is switching over to HTML5, but there should be a better merge before updates are released.

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Did mine today via Kies as I was fed up waiting. Nice update so far but what a pain getting the tab to connect to Kies. Had to do a reset. So far so good on ICS.

paulusbd

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I live in San Diego and got mine Sat evening. Took a while to download, but it is working. Did notice that the Samsung account is broken (Server Error 1000), but everything else seems to be working. So far, so good. There are some odd things with the Samsung applets too, but minor cosmetic things. I'll post more when I've had a chance to use it more.

paulusbd

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Ah, Kies.... Kies is now working again via USB. It was broken, for me, for a long time. Since the last OTA honeycomb update. It is now working just fine. Had to take my update via OTA.

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Nj and I have the T-Mobile version,I still don't have an update. How do you go about updating through kies? I can't stand honeycomb anymore.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Finally! I checked for the update yesterday morning and there it was. Standard OTA update went smooth as butter and now I'm having myself a little ICS treat. Only complaint was the update wiped all of my page layouts, but I had been thinking about redoing my pages anyway.

Wifi 32gb in Atlanta for those keeping count.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19