ICS on the E4GT - Initial Observations

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Crap I just got 21 working last night after slaving on it all evening after work! Maybe I'll skip 24 Unless there are tons of noticeable changes.

Haha! It's probably going to be like this for awhile. My advice is not to slave over any of these builds, until it looks like we're getting close to the final product. I'm personally putting very little time into setting these builds up, and I'm only running a few essential Apps. It makes moving to new builds much cleaner and easier. If I need my phone to be fully functional I'm a restore of my EL29 setup away. Then it's back to flashy flashy happy time! ;)

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Okay, quick change of topic. I have discovered two possible problem apps on my phone causing a battery leak. Option 1 is the launcher app. Option 2 is Widget locker. Does anyone have experience with either of these causing battery problems?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Haha! It's probably going to be like this for awhile. My advice is not to slave over any of these builds, until it looks like we're getting close to the final product. I'm personally putting very little time into setting these builds up, and I'm only running a few essential Apps. It makes moving to new builds much cleaner and easier. If I need my phone to be fully functional I'm a restore of my EL29 setup away. Then it's back to flashy flashy happy time! ;)

You're the man as always! Thanks for the link to help me track what build they're on. You said you didn't notice any difference between the old one and 21, how about the stuttering you described when using live wallpapers, is that still there? Either way, hopefully we'll get our update soon, it will make waiting for the GS3 a bit more bearable!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm still experiencing homescreen stuttering on this build. It's random and I don't know what triggers it or fixes it. It just comes and goes. I do think it has to do with wallpaper selection though, as it never stutters with live wallpaper.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm still experiencing homescreen stuttering on this build. It's random and I don't know what triggers it or fixes it. It just comes and goes. I do think it has to do with wallpaper selection though, as it never stutters with live wallpaper.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

How about the different modems, did you also experience low data speeds with the last build and higher ones with the 21? I was in San Diego last July, and I must say, awesome Sprint coverage! You're lucky to live there just from that respect, nevermind the great climate. If I get 0.8 Mbits/s I am ecstatic, and if I make it to 1 I jump for joy. No 4G in my area either. Wish Sprint was as good as in San Diego everywhere!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
How about the different modems, did you also experience low data speeds with the last build and higher ones with the 21? I was in San Diego last July, and I must say, awesome Sprint coverage! You're lucky to live there just from that respect, nevermind the great climate. If I get 0.8 Mbits/s I am ecstatic, and if I make it to 1 I jump for joy. No 4G in my area either. Wish Sprint was as good as in San Diego everywhere!

I haven't noticed any changes either way with the different modems regarding voice or data signal stregnth.

Yeah San Diego does have nice Sprint voice and 3G coverage, but we don't have 4G either, oddly enough. Clearwire did get some towers up, but they're not official and are not listed on Sprint's coverage map. They were probably put up just to keep their FCC licenses. Sprint kept saying "soon" and it never happened. I did pick up a weak 4G signal in the Sprint store near my office one day though heh. I think they ran into challenges with the nature of San Diego's landscape, as we have a ton of peaks and canyons all over the county. So they put their money into markets where it was easier to deploy. That's my guess anyways ... who knows. Hopefully Sprint makes up for their false promises with getting us LTE early on in the build out, but I'm not holding my breath.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed any changes either way with the different modems regarding voice or data signal stregnth.

Yeah San Diego does have nice Sprint voice and 3G coverage, but we don't have 4G either, oddly enough. Clearwire did get some towers up, but they're not official and are not listed on Sprint's coverage map. They were probably put up just to keep their FCC licenses. Sprint kept saying "soon" and it never happened. I did pick up a weak 4G signal in the Sprint store near my office one day though heh. I think they ran into challenges with the nature of San Diego's landscape, as we have a ton of peaks and canyons all over the county. So they put their money into markets where it was easier to deploy. That's my guess anyways ... who knows. Hopefully Sprint makes up for their false promises with getting us LTE early on in the build out, but I'm not holding my breath.

For some reason I thought I had 4g when I was there, hm, maybe it was just fast 3g. Anyways, any word on fb27? I read about it on xda, but that thread went crazy fast and I haven't kept track anymore.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
For some reason I thought I had 4g when I was there, hm, maybe it was just fast 3g. Anyways, any word on fb27? I read about it on xda, but that thread went crazy fast and I haven't kept track anymore.

A FB27 RDF went up but no leak as of yet. Which is probably a good thing. We need to get more space between these builds to actually see some meaningful improvements. FB17 --> FB21 made no meaningful progress from what I could tell.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards