ICS questions

SirThale

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a couple of questions on how to do some things in ICS that I did in Gingerbread.

1) How do I do a search (Web, apps, etc.) without using a search widget since we no longer have a search widget?

2) We could do a voice command by holding down the search button before. How can we initiate that now?

3) I constantly held down the home button to see my list of recent apps to switch between a couple of them before, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do that in ICS yet. Anybody know how?

Thanks!

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

rocker22dallas

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
If you click the magnifying glass button on your phone it will open a search box that will search for anything on your phone.

On my phone I can hold the home button and it will pop up a list of recently used apps. There is also a task manager button.

I am using the ics stock launcher, not the Samsung touchwiz launcher.

Sent from my Galaxy S II epic 4g touch. 4.0.3 Fd24 ICS

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you click the magnifying glass button on your phone it will open a search box that will search for anything on your phone.

On my phone I can hold the home button and it will pop up a list of recently used apps. There is also a task manager button.

I am using the ics stock launcher, not the Samsung touchwiz launcher.

Sent from my Galaxy S II epic 4g touch. 4.0.3 Fd24 ICS

This is NOT how the EVO 4G LTE works!

See Bdashcates13's previous post.

Reactions: Eric16

SirThale

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to avoid taking up real estate with the widget. And I'd like a faster way to sort through the recent apps list. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums.

Eric16

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
See what Bdashcates said, use the recent apps button it's that simple

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to avoid taking up real estate with the widget. And I'd like a faster way to sort through the recent apps list. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums.

Try pressing each of those 3 capacitive buttons on the bottom of your phone and see what they do :p

craigdts

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
The recent apps button is slower and requires multiple swipes. Its useless compared to stock Android and older versions. Its easier to just have shortcuts in hone