ICS upgrade - No LED notifications

Shadow1976

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok so i turned off the pulse light notification setting, turned off the phone and removed the battery. Turned on the phone and turned the setting on again and im now getting email LED notifications

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

I tried this but no luck for me. pulse light now does not work for any notifications.. Anyone know how to auto fit web pages after zooming? I checked all the settings but that also no longer works. That bothers me more than anything..

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I tried this but no luck for me. pulse light now does not work for any notifications.. Anyone know how to auto fit web pages after zooming? I checked all the settings but that also no longer works. That bothers me more than anything..

Oh FFS. You're right - now I'm not getting ANY notification lights other than charging and charged. Great. :mad:

Shadow1976

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh FFS. You're right - now I'm not getting ANY notification lights other than charging and charged. Great. :mad:

Yeah this stinks.. I like to have the light so i know if there is a message without having to manually check all the time.. And the no text reflow is really annoying. I hope these will be fixed with an update soon....:(

Shadow1976

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I find this really annoying also. When you go to active applications to close web browser or whatever apps are running and then you get a warning message.

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this same issue as well with no notification lights for texts..... No solid fixes for this yet?

~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Samsung Galaxy S2E4GT

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this stinks.. I like to have the light so i know if there is a message without having to manually check all the time.. And the no text reflow is really annoying. I hope these will be fixed with an update soon....:(

After trying the earlier fix that actually ended up removing all of my LED notifications, I went a stage further and kept the notification on then powered down, removed the battery for 2 minutes, put it back in and powered up. I've at least got my message & FB LEDs back, just none for email.

Shadow1976

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
After trying the earlier fix that actually ended up removing all of my LED notifications, I went a stage further and kept the notification on then powered down, removed the battery for 2 minutes, put it back in and powered up. I've at least got my message & FB LEDs back, just none for email.

I noticed the pulse light will work for email when the phone is on vibrate..

anon(482205)

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I went to my local Sprint store during my lunch hour to discuss this issue with them. They were not even aware that ICS was released for the E4GT yet.

When I explained the problem (LED notifications for GMail and SMS, not for any other email), they took it to the back to have a tech work on it. Forty-five minutes later, the tech could not figure out the problem. She said she tried to reflash the phone multiple times and the phone would not accept a flash! She also thought the email applicaiton was messed up because all it would show is "Refreshing...". This wasn't a problem before because I was receiving email messages just fine, just no LED notification.

What she finally did was replace my phone with a refurbished unit flashed with EL29. She told me that once the notification arrives to update the OS to ICS, proceed with the update and come back to the store if the LED problem reappears.

Needless to say, I am not a happy camper as I don't believe there was anything wrong with my original phone. I still feel that ICS was not properly debugged prior to being released to us, and here it is 7 months after it was first released to the world.

To be honest, if given the option, I'd switch my E4GT to a Nexus.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
still looking for an answer/work around for this, too... ever since I manually updated to FF18, I've not seen the first LED notification light... only battery charging and charged. no message LED, no email arrival LED, no voicemail LED.... nada...

I also was experiencing degraded WIFI, 3G, and 4G signals.... until TODAY... magically the WIFI signal strength and 4G signal strength have somehow NOTICABLY increased! very weird...

I live close to and work in Atlanta, so in prime Sprint 4G territory....

and Pandora started working after a week... again... weird...

but I do NEED the LED notification to work!! please.... :p

anon(482205)

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It seems the only fix to these multitude of problems, including the LED notification issue, is to either roll back to GingerBread or use an LED notification application from the Google playstore. The bugs present in the ICS download are too numerous. And since Sprint pulled the OTA update, you won't have to worry about annoying update notifications until it gets re-released.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I've no intention on rolling back... ICS is working for me and even seems to improve over time. performance still lags somewhat (when changing apps, waking up, etc) and battery life seems the same... email notifications are improved (except for the da%m LED) and I'm at the point of exploring the power of root, anyway. Can't go back, gotta go forward... :)

I tried one of the LED notification apps in GooglePlay, but it didn't change anything... no errors... just wouldn't turn on the blasted light! only the charging/charged indicator function works...

GPS has always been flawless for me and I've had my Epic Touch since September 21...

oh yeah... Really digging the new camera app! much more versatile!:D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burks