ICS video preview/leak

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
A lot of speculation about if its a ROM/launcher skin or not.....seems to have a lot of features (multitasking) for a launcher....who knows.

swindelljd

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I thought the idea was that all the buttons were going to become software buttons starting with ICS. That would be particularly useful on a phone since you could then get more screen real estate in the same form factor. Looking forward to the the Samsung event on the 11th to see if this was for real.

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I thought the idea was that all the buttons were going to become software buttons starting with ICS. That would be particularly useful on a phone since you could then get more screen real estate in the same form factor. Looking forward to the the Samsung event on the 11th to see if this was for real.

Looks to me it is running on a Nexus S. I'm sure what you said is the case, but why use on screen buttons when the Nexus S has actual buttons? I'm sure they are just turned off for the Nexus S build. The Prime will give us a better idea for certain though.

nybmx

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Looks to me it is running on a Nexus S. I'm sure what you said is the case, but why use on screen buttons when the Nexus S has actual buttons? I'm sure they are just turned off for the Nexus S build. The Prime will give us a better idea for certain though.

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking too. The on screen buttons wouldn't be used on phones that have buttons.

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
We know that honeycomb code still allows the use of buttons, so it is logical that it would be kept in. Why waste screen space on smaller devices and older (pre ICS) ones with on screen buttons when they have a row of buttons right there.

As for whether this video is genuine the question is do we know of any launcher that looks/works like that? Do we know of any camera that has those features? If the answer is no then whoever made this video went to a hell of a lot of trouble to fake it and they probably have a career in rom design.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
internet skepticism has jaded me too much :) my first thought when i saw it was i dont think its real. nothing but gut instinct to back that up though

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
only thing I don't like is the blue color.. wish it was still green like GB. it's probably because the honeycomb blue stuff but it makes me think Blur and TouchWiz bleh! luckly there are themes so eventually I'll be able to make it whatever I want. :)

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
internet skepticism has jaded me too much :) my first thought when i saw it was i dont think its real. nothing but gut instinct to back that up though

Google wouldn't lock and wipe a device if it was a faked video. Google wouldn't even be able to locate the device to lock and wipe in the first place if it wasn't running ICS. That one thing is a strong indicator that it's real.

LilBompie17

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it looked good but i'll be rather disappointed if it doesn't have a 3D/4D (what ever you call it) App Drawer, and the Honeycomb like camera app with the circle thing and the CRT animation...

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
my biggest hope of ICS is a smoother experience. i know it is a bad comparison but the iphone 3 my phone Ray uses runs smooth as silk on 600MHZ though its apps are starting to lose their punch. Why can't android be that smooth when phones have 1Ghz or higher

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
anyone notice in the market you can get an ICS theme launcher?

It looks just like this. It is a theme that works with the T-Mobile theme app on CM7.

I call FAKE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Authority_Institute