dakota.breeden

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything or is trying to port any Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 rom to this device? Because i can get a new phone tomorrow and i found this for 20$ and would like to know.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
LG released a statement earlier this month that any 4g phone released in 2012 will get ics before the year is out. ( hopefully jellybean when its released. )

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Any phone that comes running ics will most likely be upgraded to jellybean. As for me I'm not to enthused about it, ics has only been out for about eight or nine months and is a very stable platform. Besides the fact the majority of android phones are running gb still it will only serve to fragment android further. I don't expect it to be officially released until we see some quad core phones with 2 gigs of ram anyway.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm upgrading to the evo in a few days where'd you find it for 150$

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Amazon is where I got my Viper for $20. The only reason I got a new phone is because the price was irresistible. And I know that Sprint did state that ICS is coming to the Viper this year. I hope before the end of summer though.

dakota.breeden

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Amazon is where I got my Viper for $20. The only reason I got a new phone is because the price was irresistible. And I know that Sprint did state that ICS is coming to the Viper this year. I hope before the end of summer though.

That's the exact same thing i'm thinking, but since android 5.0 is coming out in a couple of months idk if it will get it.

Mista_J

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Have any of tried the Holo launcher? It is an ics launcher for gingerbread.

Sent from my Novo7Basic using Android Central Forums

Odinist

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Have any of tried the Holo launcher? It is an ics launcher for gingerbread.

Sent from my Novo7Basic using Android Central Forums

I usually use GoLauncher, but I'm installed Holo as I type. Reviews seem positive, at least.

*edit*

It's not bad. Smooth, pretty faithful recreation of ICS. Sticking with Go, though. It's way more customizable.

Last edited:

RedBunnyJAV

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I found this site on LgOpenSource.com,.... Under Catagory select Mobile Phone and under model LS840. and this file was up there earlier today:,...

LS840(Viper)_Android_ICS_4.0.4_r1_US_Sprint_Opensource_LS840ZVG.zip

and inside the .zip were these two files:,... LS840_android_ZVG.tar.gz and LS840_Kernal_ZVG.tar.gz

Can anyone tell me how to install these as I have soft bricked my phone and the recovery isn't working,.... Also I could probably upload them to my DropBox account, as when I just looked at the LgOpenSource.com web site the files are no longer there, only the Gingerbread files are. But just so everyone knows I got this file srtaight from LG and it hasSprint right in the Name of the File, so I do belive they are planning on upgrading,....

~RedBunny~

Last edited: