If anyone is having second thoughts on the EVO, now is your chance.

Grebnehtor

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I love my Evo and my phone has definitely gotten better battery life since the update yesterday. I couldn't be happier with my phone. I just ordered my OBD II bluetooth adapter so I can use Torque to scan my truck and my friends vehicles. Loving Android so far (coming from a Crackberry junkie, that says a LOT)!

gman eb#AC

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
In the same boat as a few here. I love my EVO but Sprints service has been sub par in my area. I know Verizon is a lot better here. My 30 day trail is up 5 days after the X release date, so until then who knows what I will do.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
yeah, keeping my evo. big screen, sleek, fast and dare i say sexy. best phone i have ever owned. Add the evo with sprints plans and its a match made in heaven.

+1, I agree. I LOVE my Evo! The screen is huge and crisp, I can read tiny text easily, no blurring, crisp and clean. It runs very fast as long as no weird apps are bogging it down.
I have not had any battery issues since the tweaks. I have not had any build issues except the button lights always seem to glow, I am still unsure of that is normal but it is a very minor thing if at all.

I did not buy this for 3D gaming so I could care less if it is slow that way and I bet with Froyo it will be fine anyway. It plays all of my puzzle/logic game perfect so I am one happy camper!!!

Remember we only have to keep it one year then we get to upgrade again, Sprint RULES!

Last edited:

Super Noob

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I moved from the Razor, to the Instinct, to the Moment, to the Evo, so I'm very happy with the Evo. I've got another phone on my account and I didn't want to pay extra for canceling early and move to another carrier, so I stick with Sprint.

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
Hey, some people are fickle and will find fault in whatever phone they own just to own the newer one, but that's an endless cycle...an EXPENSIVE endless cycle. More power to them. The Evo is my baby and will be for a LOOOONG time.

designlevel2

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I love the EVO, still have concerns about the battery but it seems to be getter better as I tweak more and more. I hope JuiceDefender starts working soon because my colleagues who have it say they get 3x the battery life.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
So far I only have one main gripe with the Evo. I want 16 million colors in thee screen. I have no idea why HTC left that out considering everything else they put into the phone. But besides that I can't really complain. Sure a better GPU would be nice but I really don't use my phone as a major gaming tool. I am perfectly content with time wasting jewel games and land the plane games. If I want to do some hardcore gaming, I will mess around on my desktop.

As of writing this my phone has been off the charger since 7:30 am and it still had about 10% charge. 17 hours of charge with moderate/heavy use is great. I have no reason to change. I already have swype on my Evo and have ditched Sense for Launcher Pro. The only draw that the Epic has is higher pixel density (not by much) & more colors in the display, but to get that I have to get a bulkier phone with a lower resolution camera on front and back and get a smaller screen. Not worth it imo.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I have questions about the GPU. I'm not a game, so these things are foreign to me. What is wrong with the GPU if the EVO? And what makes the GPU of other devices better?

danootz

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, I know technology advances fast but this phone hasn't even been out a month and suddenly the "blazing fast" snapdragon processor is subpar to some people. I'm partially falling victim to some of these articles and videos that portray the EVO as a less capable device compared to Droid X and the Nexus One with FROYO, but come on... this is just ridiculous. Is it just reviewers and some people on the forums who are playing up the vast fragmentation of Android devices? I feel like Google and the phone makers are trying their best to keep similar functionality across all devices running the Android OS.

All these things with benchmark numbers and stuff, I understand the purpose it serves but it feels like the most that it does is fuel people to hesitate on purchasing a phone or blowing money to upgrade to the latest thing. Which apparently comes out every other week.

Give a device some time to grow.

IronStar

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Return!?!? screw that! how the hell can i get my hands on another one! If i had a reason to carry around 2 Evos with me i would lol.

No but seriously, bought my phone launch day, upgrade from a Pre. first android phone and i love it. It really has never let me down. None of the known issues have plagued me. Battery Life was disappointing at first but once i did the tweaks and learned how to handle this bad boy, plus the update, battery life has been nothing but spectacular for me. I stream both world cup games everyday at work to my bluetooth (A2DP <3 ). I have to mini charge in between games but that is what USB cables are for :).

Kindle app <3

Gameboid <3

Sprint tv <3

The screen, the kickstand, the feel of the phone <3

I freaking love it, I LOVE IT.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from the PRE and I LOVE THIS PHONE!! Android 2.1 is sweet and the EVO makes it beautiful. The HW finally matches the OS, which was a big problem for the PRE. The EVO's GPU is not a huge issue for me as all the games I play seem to work just fine on the EVO regardless of the FPS cap (which is now known not to be a HW issue). The 4.3" screen is aswesome!! I can't imagine going to another phone just to get a better GPU or an AMOLED screen, not worth it for me. I am happy with the EVO and the HW should last me another year when I'll be elidgable for another upgrade.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I been tempted on this but still up in the air about giving it up.
If it stays working as it is now since the update yesterday, i will be happy with it. (assuming sprints network stays on par too)

The Droid x was the next best thing, but im sure it will have some similar issues as this did. I think everyone is in a rush to release now because of the Evo. Notice how all the sudden everyone is releasing within weeks of it?

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I love my EVO and it does everything I want. I was concerned about having such a huge phone but it fits in my pocket better than my Pre.

But everyone, LAST CALL. If you are having problems, doubts, or insecurities, now is the time.

It is July 1st. Your clock has run out. Don't keep the EVO hoping that some day it get some feature. Make your decision based on the EVO as-is today.

My point in having this thread is to say that if you choose to keep your EVO over 30 days, that is YOUR decision.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I love my EVO and it does everything I want. I was concerned about having such a huge phone but it fits in my pocket better than my Pre.

But everyone, LAST CALL. If you are having problems, doubts, or insecurities, now is the time.

It is July 1st. Your clock has run out. Don't keep the EVO hoping that some day it get some feature. Make your decision based on the EVO as-is today.

My point in having this thread is to say that if you choose to keep your EVO over 30 days, that is YOUR decision.

Well, if the gingerbread rumor stays true, then I know my Evo will be getting ginger bread, so I will be happy. Then I can upgrade again in a year :)

brackett5

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
See my sig. Those who jump to a new phone tomorrow, will end up being unhappy 3 months from now when the next latest and greatest phone comes out.

I WAS that person. I have had everything from Blackberry (curve, Storm) to actually going to ATT for the horrible IPhone 3GS. I went back to Verizon for the Moto Droid, then the HTC Incredible came out. So guess what I did......thats right I found a way to get it. Sold the Droid. I now am leaving Verizon because of personal issues and work (better signal with sprint). I am drooling, however, over the Droid X. I have finally came to my senses though and realized that this qoute above is 100% correct. There will be something bigger and better every 3 months if not sooner. I am going to the EVO trying out Sprint and staying for atleast a year. Wish me luck folks, it will be a long and hard rehab LOL.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I would not consider the Droid X because I really like Sprint better. If you are a Verizon lover go for it.

I also must be the only person that thinks the buttons on the Droid X are ugly. Makes it longer and just makes the phone look so last year. i:Di

I LOVE the capacitive buttons on the Evo, they look more professional.

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd wager it's because of Froyo going final. Don't want to push out a 2.1 device after Froyo is on several phones across different carriers.

That too, but in general I think we're going to find more and more "flagship" devices getting released in early summer as it coincides with new iPhone releases.