if I "Permanently Cancel This Account" will it free up the email address I used?

ogre_feathers

Banned
Jun 2, 2021
Visit site
Hey there. I have an old account for the forums that I forgot the login info for. I ended up creating this new account that I am currently posting from.

However, I have remembered the login info for my original account, and I prefer to use that one. I want to change the email address on my old account to reflect my current email address, however, I used my current email address to register this new account.

I see on the profile page, there is an option to "Permanently Cancel This Account". If I choose that option on my new account, will it free up the email address so that I can use it on my old account?

Hope that makes sense, lol.

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey there. I have an old account for the forums that I forgot the login info for. I ended up creating this new account that I am currently posting from.

However, I have remembered the login info for my original account, and I prefer to use that one. I want to change the email address on my old account to reflect my current email address, however, I used my current email address to register this new account.

I see on the profile page, there is an option to "Permanently Cancel This Account". If I choose that option on my new account, will it free up the email address so that I can use it on my old account?

Hope that makes sense, lol.

Cancelling your account will irreversibly anonymize your username, emails and passwords, but your comments and forum posts will remain intact. All notifications will be disabled.

In other words, yes. It will free up the email address because it will be removed and you will be able to set it on your old account. If some reason it doesn't free it up, you can always reach out to community@futurenet.com, explain the issue and I will be able to set it for you.