If PNC isn't supported, why does Samsung Pay let me scan the card and bring up PNC user agreement?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere that PNC may be supported on Samsung Pay, so I took out my PNC debit card. (regular checking acct that I opened at the local PNC branch in Pittsburgh) I scanned the card with my Note 5 and it entered the card# and then asked me to enter my name and other info. Next, it took me to a screen with PNC's user agreement. After I clicked to accept all, a pop up window tells me the card isn't supported. :(

If it isn't supported, why did it bother to bring up the PNC agreement for me to read? :( Has anyone been able to register their PNC cards?

Jim Smith14

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I talked to PNC at the beginning of the month and was told Samsung Pay will definitely be available sometime in December. Like you I tried to register my card and got as far as the User Agreement before it failed. Just pure speculation on my part but I wonder if the debit/credit card outage PNC suffered last Friday was a failed attempt at implementing Samsung Pay.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I talked to PNC at the beginning of the month and was told Samsung Pay will definitely be available sometime in December. Like you I tried to register my card and got as far as the User Agreement before it failed. Just pure speculation on my part but I wonder if the debit/credit card outage PNC suffered last Friday was a failed attempt at implementing Samsung Pay.

that made sense....

PNC's logo was on the list of Samsung Pay approved bank yesterday morning.
That was the reason I gave it a try. However, the logo only showed up on the
regular PC browser page. It was not on the Samsung Pay mobile website.
By last night, the logo went away completely.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
PNC was on Samsung Pay's website for a few days, but still wouldn't work in Samsung Pay.

I just looked now and it isn't on Samsung Pay's website anymore as a supported card.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
PNC was on Samsung Pay's website for a few days, but still wouldn't work in Samsung Pay.

I just looked now and it isn't on Samsung Pay's website anymore as a supported card.

probably removed because hundreds(if not thousands) of angry PNC customers complaining that it didn't with Samsung Pay? :D

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

They probably removed it until they get it working.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe