If the note 4 came with no s pen would you still use it?

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Strongly debating getting a m9 put the poor resale value bothers me. The note 4 is nice but may be a bit overkill in don't use the spen.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A Note 4 without the pen is about an S5 or S6, isn't it?

I bought a Note because I wanted the pen. I use it all the time.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I too bought my Note expressly for the S-Pen. It wasn't even for the screen size. If the S5 had a S-Pen I would have had trouble choosing!

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I use only to draw pictures for my son and wife. Sometimes when I need to jot down a quick note I will use it. So kind of yeah I use it. But overall I like big phones

Quote The Note 4 Never More😤

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I tried not to use the pen today just to see what the future may hold if the Note series dies off. I'm not sure what I'll do if the pen dies. I could not make it through the morning without needing the pen and I'm off work today. On a work day I use it all throughout the day every day. I will probably buy the last version I can get and hold out as long as possible. I'm sticking with the Note 4 for now and will wait to see what Samsung comes up with for a Note 6.

Mjranieri

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, probably, but im that OCD kinda guy where just knowing its there gives a better feel. I may rarley use it, but having it there is like a safety for me

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Nope! S-Pen is a major reason I get a Note device (had three so far, Note 2, Note 4 and OG Note 10.1). I use it all the time! :)

This!

I'm a huge fan of the Waccom pens, I use them on my daily life! It's not the same using a Computer/Hybrid PC (Surface)/Phone without the S-Pen.

I work as a graphics design and I got used to surf the web with a pen.

Plus, it's really handy to sketch an idea or draw a website wireframe or use the pen to surf the net while you're lunching and don't want to get your hands dirty!

I use it a lot of times, I could fill up an entire article with ideas on how to use the pen :D!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I wanted the Note for 4 things, in descending order of importance.

1. Large screen with great battery life
2. Swappable battery
3. S-pen
4. SD card slot

S-Pen was not at the top of my list, but it gave the Note 4 a slight advantage over the competition at the time. I'm finding I use it more and more, but when I switch phones it's not going to be my primary decision maker.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes definitely, haven't taken my pen out since new, don't need it, don't want it.

I assume you are the the S6 Edge+ target audience.

Besides here on AC and the rest of the internet, I don't know anyone in real life that uses the S-Pen. Most people I know don't even have the pen on it.

They bought it due to be a "bigger S5"

grstatdoc

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
My two bits:
I was attracted to the Note 2 because of the ability to use a stylus, and upgraded to the Note 4 for the same reason (when renewal time came along).
So, if the Note 4 didn't have a stylus, I would stick with the Note 2

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
NO! Note 2, Note 4, and Note 10.1 2014; SPen is the reason I purchased those devices! I LOVE the SPen and use it for everything on my phone! It is not just a 'regular stylus for clicking that a lot of people think it is. It has many functions that connect with the phone!