If you're on the fence, try one out at Best Buy

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not on the fence. But, everything I have seen and read makes me believe I made the right choice in ordering black.
I almost don't want to see it in person before it gets delivered, just to have some sense of surprise.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Just tried one myself at Best Buy. The S Pen is SO much better than the one on my Note 4. The thinner tip is surprisingly a game changer. I didn't think it would make that much difference. Feels great in hand too.

Posted via the Android Central App

The S-Pen is way better than that from the Note 5 as well.

I can't tell how a phone feels in the hand when it is wearing the Best Buy leash. I do think it looks great and can't wait for it to come.

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
The Blue Coral has a gold band. The only one that has a gold band. When the BB guy said that, I said "LETS DO IT". On order Aug 6th. The Blue was not on display & going fast.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I've only seen Silver and Black thus far.

I am starting to like the Blue will need to see it " live and in person ". Another glod reason for me not to preorder !!!

Now if I can just get my hands on a Blue one !??!

mookie1027

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
it doesn't feel like a note , I had the note 3 and it was the best the one out. I tried the note 5 and hated it battery life was horrible.
played with note 7 like the screen size and that it had a sd card but that was it no wow factor lik the s7 edge

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
After seeing the black and silver in person at Best Buy, I'm more confident in my choice of blue as others have said. I love the look of the silver and black, but I just didn't feel excited about them. At least not until I started fiddling with the device. I think Coral Blue will be the color that more people look for on used marketplace websites in a few years just like pebble blue was on the S3. Not that that changes anything, just that I think it'll be the more rare and desirable of the 3 when the dust settles.

njshoremom4gurlz

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I'll go to Best Buy and check
I canceled my t mobile because the pre order can't go through had issues I need to wait till it comes so I can TRY t mobile and see if I prefer it to ATT-
Now I'll wait till its in stores and get it.
I want the note it's just what carrier am I going to use lol
Me hopping to a new carrier one phone on and the other not in doesn't make me too happy-
So I'm now off the pre order got my $$ back and canceled everything.
At att will see what they'll do for me but I do wanna try T mobile

shnweller

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I played with one today at a Verizon store. I set up the iris scanner to my eyes and it works pretty well. So I left the phone like that. They need my eyes now to unlock it! Haha. I'm sure they'll figure it out though eventually.

Rain816

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Went to a T-mobile store in the mall and got my hands o a Coral Blue one. I love the color. My fav College team is the UNC Tarheels and that is the exact color of the phone. Next Friday cant come quick enough

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I'll go to Best Buy and check
I canceled my t mobile because the pre order can't go through had issues I need to wait till it comes so I can TRY t mobile and see if I prefer it to ATT-
Now I'll wait till its in stores and get it.
I want the note it's just what carrier am I going to use lol
Me hopping to a new carrier one phone on and the other not in doesn't make me too happy-
So I'm now off the pre order got my $$ back and canceled everything.
At att will see what they'll do for me but I do wanna try T mobile
What I did was get a T-mobile sim card from Wal-Mart with their special $30 plan. I am on AT&T currently. I put the sim in my Nexus 5X, it has to be a phone that has all supported TMO bands in order to make a proper comparison. A year or two ago I did the same test and results were OK but AT&T pulled out ahead a majority of the time. I heard of the new results putting TMO ahead of the pack so I decided to try again. Just for reference I live in Mass and commute to the Cape so it's a wide variety of great reception to low. But almost every single time using Speedtest TMO either matched speeds or it was double to triple. Some areas I was hitting 30 maps. I was honestly suprised. I'll be hitting RI, CT and NY soon and will be testing there as well.

Obviously results will vary but TMO has really stepped up on the reception front in the last couple of years.

MRS DIVA

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
As I'm in the UK, there is no opportunity to have a hands on experience yet. Therefore, thanks goes to everyone for posting photos and sharing their thoughts on this device.

Coming from a ancient Note 2, I'm going to have a blast with this phone, it will a huge upgrade for me lol.

I'm hoping customers in the UK will be offered gifts when ordering. Looking forward to seeing all the posts when your new gadget arrives.

Posted from my Galaxy Tab Pro

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Went to Best Buy today to play with the Black Onyx and wow. The most gorgeous phone I think I've ever seen. The S7e is so amazing looking and this one tops it easily. Great job Samsung.

The people complaining about the edges are silly. These are like bezel less sides that tightly fold downward in way that's hardly noticeable if your looking straight at the front. Brilliantly done!

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Finally got to try one today at my local bestbuy. While I'm not thoroughly pleased with the latest and greatest, I will admit that the phone was gorgeous and is well built. It was nice in the hand and TouchWiz felt clean. However, I felt like something was missing, I can't put my finger on it. But I left feeling...bored. coming from Note 1,2,4 I was really disappointed with the calendar app, I didn't like how you couldn't write on it. I really don't like a sealed battery, but it seems like I'm stuck with it if I stay with the note. I also have an iphone 6 so I'm used to it. Actually the phone felt iphoneesque. Which isn't a bad thing. Something was just missing or not right though. I may go nexus or moto z. Completely different phones but the z was nice.

ETA: maybe it was the edge, I think the way the bezels are, it made the screen look off to me. And I will agree ^^^^ the black onyx is insane.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Seems like many people are loving the Note. Not me, though. However I seem to put it, it feels to me an S7 edge plus. Now we have three sizes for the S7 series this year. Each with a different feel in hand. Thats all. For me at least.

I've had a Note 3 and 4, S6, S6 edge and the S7. All great phones. But only kept buying Samsung for their cameras. I tend to keep my phones naked. Absolutely hated the feeling of using these phones without covers. Slimy slippery messes of reflections. The software too, didn't give me the satisfaction of spending so much money on the device. Nova launcher always saved the day. It completely changed my experience of using a Samsung phone.

I change phones often. Switched to Apple for the built quality and camera and yes, iOS 10. Didn't feel major differences at all. The iPhone charged slower. Thats it. Which is ofcourse really annoying.

Having said that all, maybe it's just me. But i dont care how expensive the phone looks. If it's a pain to use like it's meant to, it's not for me. It has to feel expensive too. And i don't care how much the tweak touchwiz, it's still not the fluid consistent stock android experience for me. Its practical and clunky. Smooth, but clunky.

I will buy a Samsung phone when they come up with new sturdy solid durable built quality and an amazing amazing software which shows that they're trying to give us Android rather than Samsungs own take on Android. Till then, I am looking forward to the new Nexus phones as well as the iPhones.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
After seeing the black and silver in person at Best Buy, I'm more confident in my choice of blue as others have said. I love the look of the silver and black, but I just didn't feel excited about them. At least not until I started fiddling with the device. I think Coral Blue will be the color that more people look for on used marketplace websites in a few years just like pebble blue was on the S3. Not that that changes anything, just that I think it'll be the more rare and desirable of the 3 when the dust settles.

Kind of like the rose gold now.. That nobody really wants anymore.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Seems like many people are loving the Note. Not me, though. However I seem to put it, it feels to me an S7 edge plus. Now we have three sizes for the S7 series this year. Each with a different feel in hand. Thats all. For me at least.

I've had a Note 3 and 4, S6, S6 edge and the S7. All great phones. But only kept buying Samsung for their cameras. I tend to keep my phones naked. Absolutely hated the feeling of using these phones without covers. Slimy slippery messes of reflections. The software too, didn't give me the satisfaction of spending so much money on the device. Nova launcher always saved the day. It completely changed my experience of using a Samsung phone.

I change phones often. Switched to Apple for the built quality and camera and yes, iOS 10. Didn't feel major differences at all. The iPhone charged slower. Thats it. Which is ofcourse really annoying.

Having said that all, maybe it's just me. But i dont care how expensive the phone looks. If it's a pain to use like it's meant to, it's not for me. It has to feel expensive too. And i don't care how much the tweak touchwiz, it's still not the fluid consistent stock android experience for me. Its practical and clunky. Smooth, but clunky.

I will buy a Samsung phone when they come up with new sturdy solid durable built quality and an amazing amazing software which shows that they're trying to give us Android rather than Samsungs own take on Android. Till then, I am looking forward to the new Nexus phones as well as the iPhones.

Whatever brand phone you buy is going to give you their version of Android. Samsung has TouchWiz, I use Nova but I like the stock apps that come with TouchWiz.

You will not get Vanilla Android from anyone but Google. Vanilla Android isn't for everyone. I got a Nexus to try it, the Nexus is in my drawer as my back up device. Vanilla Android is, well.. Too Vanilla for me, YMMV.

Samsung will continue with TouchWiz or if they change that, make another launcher that is Samsung's spin.

Last edited: