I'm a power user, and the V10 is still the best phone I've ever used...

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I've owned just about every phone out there.... And I recently went to the Verizon LG v10 about a month Go.....

I have to say that I still live everything about it, and I wouldn't change it for anything.

Yay for this phone!

Posted via stuff.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Great! What would you say is the best thing about it? Secondary display? Build? Camera?

It feels very solid in my hand, with or without a case. No flex, no loose parts, just the right amount of weight to it.

The camera is amazing, and I've only messed with about 10% of its potential. It takes very nice auto pics without a flash in low light. That's an important feature to me.

The second display is also great. Although it's nice for custom-chosen quick launch icons, and for having messages and info displayed while the main part of the screen is off, It really excels in multitasking. When I edit pictures or do other things that require 2 or 3 apps back and forth all at once, I use the recent apps icons that are on the secondary screen. It's much, much quicker than going through the default Android task manager.

My favorite feature, though, is the sheer speed. I'm amazed at how quickly I can zip around in apps, open new apps, navigate wherever within the phone, you name it!

Posted via stuff.

Last edited:

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I run through phones, but the V10 seems to keep me happy.

I wish they would officially relase an OEM wireless charging back, then it would be perfect

Posted via the Android Central App

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
No issues here and with Nova (or your preferred launcher), ideal to customize. The second screen really keeps the home clean, especially with the ability to launch widgets. Still wish it had more options to utilize the 2nd screen functionality.

The DAC, back buttons, build quality, 2nd screen, quick capture, camera and no lag are what make the V10 my favorite phone at the moment.

I added a Yootech screen protector, faux leather QI wireless charging back. Concerned it will just up and fail on me, but so far so good. Regardless, adds to the look and feel. Occasionally, I use a Obliq case with a credit card holder attached, but prefer to run without.

Don't lose the back buttons LG.

Posted from my LG V10

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
No issues here and with Nova (or your preferred launcher), ideal to customize. The second screen really keeps the home clean, especially with the ability to launch widgets. Still wish it had more options to utilize the 2nd screen functionality.

The DAC, back buttons, build quality, 2nd screen, quick capture, camera and no lag are what make the V10 my favorite phone at the moment.

I added a Yootech screen protector, faux leather QI wireless charging back. Concerned it will just up and fail on me, but so far so good. Regardless, adds to the look and feel. Occasionally, I use a Obliq case with a credit card holder attached, but prefer to run without.

Don't lose the back buttons LG.

Posted from my LG V10

Awesome!

How are you Launching widgets from the second screen? Or am I reading that wrong?

Thanks!

Posted via stuff.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
You are reading that correctly.
Using Popup widgets (also a video/thread on xda in the V10 apps section)
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=com.ss.popupWidget&token=LM1Dtghh

Required momentarily switching back to the stock launcher to drag and drop on the 2nd screen, but allows single & multiple widgets to be opened from the second screen. If you have other icon packs installed you can change those for the 2nd screen as well as they display in Nova Prime. Pretty slick. Also Nova gestures are great for shortcuts, and beautiful widgets adds additional shortcuts.

Edit: the "multiple widgets" is really a folder, opening any number of widgets simultaneously, kinda cool for news feeds.

Posted from my LG V10

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You are reading that correctly.
Using Popup widgets (also a video/thread on xda in the V10 apps section)
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=com.ss.popupWidget&token=Rz4pqq6A

Required momentarily switching back to the stock launcher to drag and drop on the 2nd screen, but allows single & multiple widgets to be opened from the second screen. If you have other icon packs installed you can change those for the 2nd screen as well as they display in Nova Prime. Pretty slick. Also Nova gestures are great for shortcuts, and beautiful widgets adds additional shortcuts.

Edit: the "multiple widgets" is really a folder, opening any number of widgets simultaneously, kinda cool for news feeds.

Posted from my LG V10

Thanks for the tip! I've been a Nova Prime user for years.... Nothing comes close to it.... Nothing!

Posted via stuff.

CalypsoJimmy

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
I am not a power user, I've had the V10 since 12/15/15... This phone is blowing me away. I've never reallllly liked cell phones, but I sure like this one. The feel, the build, display, most everything, really. And then you get the super camera, and a hi-end digital-analog converter.. Ha! Swap-able battery & expandable SD card.... Good enough fer me.

RallyPig

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone owned the N6 (Not P) prior to the V10? I love my N6 but I'm switching carriers and have to trade my N6 in. I can get another one or the V10. Removable battery and SD card aren't deal breakers for me. I'm just happy with bare bones Android, my prior to the N6 was the galaxy S4 and it ruined my Android experience with so much bloatware. My main usage is gaming, podcasts, pictures and internet if that helps.

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone owned the N6 (Not P) prior to the V10? I love my N6 but I'm switching carriers and have to trade my N6 in. I can get another one or the V10. Removable battery and SD card aren't deal breakers for me. I'm just happy with bare bones Android, my prior to the N6 was the galaxy S4 and it ruined my Android experience with so much bloatware. My main usage is gaming, podcasts, pictures and internet if that helps.

It's a great phone, but LG is almost as heavy-handed as Samsung with their Android skin and built-in apps, so it would definitely be an adjustment coming from a Nexus phone. You can always throw another launcher on it and disable the useless apps, or better yet if you get the T-Mobile version with the unlocked bootloader you can throw a debloated ROM on it (that's what I did).

It does have some big advantages over the Nexus 6 though, namely a much better camera, removable battery, microSD expansion, and HiFi audio output.

mattdamiz85

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I had the N6 sometime back. All I can say is the V10 blows it away in the picture department. Best smartphone camera I've ever used. I've had the G4, iPhone 6s plus, and G flex 2. All of which had good cameras. But I can still tell a difference between those and this beast.

thebear

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I currently have both. I decided I am going to keep the N6 and sell the v10. The battery life on the N6 beats the v10 handily. I am using them in the same manner. This offsets for me the replaceable battery. The v10 camera is good and would probably be awesome if I took time to learn the manual adjustments, but I just use auto mode. I find the N6 isn't much worse in auto. Actually I liked the note 4 camera better than either of these in auto mode. If both phones were priced the same I would probably keep the v10. However, I find I keep waiting and watching for mm to come to v10. Guess what I've had it for a while on the N6. I've also had quirky problems with switching between WiFi and network signal. All in all the v10 is a good phone, but for me not with the price difference. Only paid $250 for N6. Yes, I will miss fingerprint reader and the second screen just a little.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc