I'm attempting to check my own phones vulnerability against stage fright and Arduino

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I wish to test my own phones for vulnerability how do i go about using the exploits on Android phone i have several a new pixel 6 pro a Samsung Galaxy s5 and a few Motorola. I wish to learn"stage fright" and the "Arduino" and any other security slip through the android system what would i look up or how to go about getting software to do these and the others, ive tried researching it and only run into the same bloated bs and no solution. What classes in college would provide the learning about these and other android software and programming. I wish to learn and possibly assist in a solution [Mod redacted personal information]]

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As long as you keep getting security updates you don't have to worry about security exploit the manufacturer handles that .
The 6 pro will get security updates but s5 won't and not sure on the Motorola you have
If you have further questions
I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Reactions: J Dubbs

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That's more for computer's?

As you may know,Raspberry pi is a mini computer. Arduino is a microcontroller board... It's a bit more than that but that's the easiest way to explain it.

Neither of them have anything to do with security or security risks lol

But to the OP and to answer a bit more seriously because now I feel a little bad... Stagefright is an old exploit. You can not exploit a pixel 6 with it. I don't know the actual reason that you want to learn about exploits, but that one is very out of date.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As you may know,Raspberry pi is a mini computer. Arduino is a microcontroller board... It's a bit more than that but that's the easiest way to explain it.

Neither of them have anything to do with security or security risks lol

But to the OP and to answer a bit more seriously because now I feel a little bad... Stagefright is an old exploit you can not exploit a pixel 6 with it. I don't know the actual reason that you want to learn about exploits, but that one is very out of date.
I'm not a computer guy but heard of raspberry pi lol , I agree the exploit is older Android which they have a Samsung S5 and cover android 2.2 to 5 I believe but using that S5 is not secure for newer exploit and apps won't be compatible soon and carrier services so I would personally get rid of that

Reactions: J Dubbs

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a computer guy but heard of raspberry pi lol , I agree the exploit is older Android which they have a Samsung S5 and cover android 2.2 to 5 I believe but using that S5 is not secure for newer exploit and apps won't be compatible soon and carrier services so I would personally get rid of that

I agree. The S5 was probably patched against stagefright, but there are dozens of new exploits that it will be very very vulnerable to lol.

biggusDiskus

Sep 9, 2023
Visit site
Found an old s5 mini in the drawer, not at all tired as I supposed to be. Total commander alerted about the vulnerability in stagefright when I was snooping around, and yada yada yada - here's what was found. When I read it again, it doesn't say that my device's been compro mised, does it? Anyone for a second opinion? I think the detectors report are kind of vague, like 'hey your porch door is open, you'd better do something about it'

So i went googling, and it's not easy to find how to fix it. Disable hangout, disable MMS being automatically downloaded and go for Firefox. Can't update the phone, can't find any patch or something similar - Google and Samsung must've cleaned it out.

Is there a way to find out if the phone actually has been a sleeping agent until I turned it on recently? Any logs to dive into where I can search for traces that data been/being pulled?

May the force be with y'all!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-09-02-41-27.png
    Screenshot_2023-09-09-02-41-27.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millionmiles