i'm not seeing......

Harreh

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
a root/rom/kernal section for the galaxy tab. can someone point me in the right direction? i have the tmobile galaxy tab (because of the 250 price tag), but have a rooted samsung fascinate (didn't want to add yet another device to my big red account...lol). also, looking for kies for tmo.

thanks

Harreh

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been there. But I appreciate you taking the time to look that up. Is there a one click root method? I was looking for Z4root but it doesn't seem to be on the market anymore.

Harreh

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I have found the root guide at xda. It says to connect to kies once then gives a link to kies but I have no idea which version to get for the tmobile tab.

SAMSUNG

Harreh

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
ok, i figured out how to get z4root to work....so i'm rooted, installed rom manager and used rom manager to install CWM. now, i'm interested in flashing Roto JMI Pre-Rooted Firmware v2 with odin. just wondering if i should hold off a couple of weeks for honeycomb?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
ok, i figured out how to get z4root to work....so i'm rooted, installed rom manager and used rom manager to install CWM. now, i'm interested in flashing Roto JMI Pre-Rooted Firmware v2 with odin. just wondering if i should hold off a couple of weeks for honeycomb?

You could always flash back if you don't feel like waiting. I'm waiting because i have Sprint and there's nothing I can do. :) If I did have the option I would wait.... but I'm not in a rush...I'm happy with my Tab the way it is for now. I usually give new devices a few weeks before I start messing with stuff. I only rooted mine the first day so I could bypass the activation screen.

Harreh

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
i was going to get the sprint tab, but they don't keep them in stock at the sprint store so i walked next door to Tmo and got theirs...i'm to impatient, i guess.

i still can't figure out which version of kies to get from the samsung site, from my post above. i have looked through my tab and i don't see numbers like those anywhere on my device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaylebrown4977