I'm sorry but 1 year later, the Pixel 2 still has an awful voicemail system

sselemanrm

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
This is by far one of the worst features, and its something I complained about late last year after the pixel 2/xl came out.

1.Why the hell do I still have to type in a password to check my voicemail every time and why can't it be accessed via another Tab on the phone app next to Favorites, Recents, Contacts? I'm aware that some people don't have to type in passwords, and I don't understand why they were able to(like my mom's for instance).

This doesn't even account for the part that I had to repeatly come to an at&t store to set you up my voicemail box.. I did get my phone from Verizon, but it shouldn't have been difficult.

2. Why the hell can I not even see the number/who called my voice mail box and have to rely on their voices to hear who called me?

Just simple features like easy voice mail set up, accessibility, and #identification .. are features the iPhone 6 and even my old Nokia lumia 1020 have.

Please don't mention Google voice. Hasn't helped one bit installing it and having the annoyance of having a second number and random people calling me and having it routed to my my origit phone number.

sselemanrm

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
Tl;Dr version: Google's voicemail system is terrible. Setting up voicemail was a chore and required going to the at&t store, and the voicrmail box isn't readily accessible and requires a password input every time. What's worse is that I don't have a list of who left voicemails. No number indentification whatsoever.

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any of those issues. I do have a voicemail tab in my phone app. I don't have to enter a password to access it. I can see who left a voicemail. Didn't have to go to the store to setup my voicemail either. I'm using the stock dialer.
Sorry, you're having issues. I'm really curious to know what's wrong with your setup.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely not a Pixel thing. On my 2 XL on T-Mobile, I simply open the Phone app and tap the Voicemail button at the lower right. Or if there's voicemail notification, I just tap that.

Are you saying you don't have a Voicemail button at the lower right in the Phone app? Along the bottom, you should see Favorites, Recents, Contacts, and Voicemail.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's your carrier that's the issue. I have visual voicemail in the default dialer. I can see names and numbers as well for voicemails left. I also can manage them without any pass code or PIN.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
New to the pixel and all good here no complaints best device to date for me can't wait for the 3xl to come out.

sselemanrm

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
It's your carrier that's the issue. I have visual voicemail in the default dialer. I can see names and numbers as well for voicemails left. I also can manage them without any pass code or PIN.

Weird. I just downloaded attached visual voicemail app. That shows a history, but why can't I just have it on the phone app?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have attached as my carrier btw, and I don't have the voicemail tab on my phone app
Your carrier is named 'Attached'? Never heard of them. What part of the world are you in?
Do you know anyone else that uses that carrier that DOES have direct access to voicemail, regardless of phone type?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is what your Phone app should look like when you first open it.

Screenshot (Sep 9 2018 12_23_03 AM).jpg

See that Voicemail button at the lower right? You don't have that? The version of the Phone app (from Google) that I have is 23.0.208561757. Which version do you have?

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and I see it the same way, bottom right.

I had Verizon, now Fi, and had/have the Voicemail icon in the lower right. It has been awhile since I switched to Fi and I'm wondering if the Voicemail option has to be set up with the provider???

23.0.208561757 - my version also.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I think this is due to AT&T. I have their Visual VM app installed and do not show the VM icon either. VVM comes up fine if I tap on the missed call notification.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sipos