In-Car Bluetooth Problem with X

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
DUDE! You are the man for finding this. Thanks for your diligence, I thought I might be the only person with this issue. My Storm 1 works PERFECTLY! And so does my other Bluetooth devices, so I figured it was related to the phone itself. Hell, even Bluetooth transfer from my Storm 1 to my MacBook Pro worked, so I figured it had something to do with the Android OS. Hopefully, they'll make this a sticky for others who may have this issue.

Are you having problems transferring files from your macbook to your android device? I haven't had an issue except for extremely large files (>100MB). Otherwise, pictures, documents, pretty much anything transfers with no issue. Use the "Send File" in the bluetooth menu to see if it works.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a Clarion installed in my car that worked fine with my old BB9700, but it won't do anything with my Droid X. It will pair, but nothing works. No phone calls. No audio playback.

itguy09

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
As one of the other posters said, works perfect with Ford's Sync (the only thing Microsoft did well, IMHO). I love the text messaging read and reply feature. My only complaint would be the audio seems a little lower than my iPhone 3G but it's no biggie to crank it up when in a call.

Good luck Nissan guys - keep hammering Motorola and Nissan.

Ravenell

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Are you having problems transferring files from your macbook to your android device? I haven't had an issue except for extremely large files (>100MB). Otherwise, pictures, documents, pretty much anything transfers with no issue. Use the "Send File" in the bluetooth menu to see if it works.

Took me a while to get the pairing to work, but it works fine. Haven't tried a 100MB+ file, but, why would I? I think that's better suited for quick file transfers.

Ravenell

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Checked with VZW Support via email. They suggested getting in touch with Nissan also.

So I did some more digging. It appears, based on looking at some other forums, that the problem is related to A2DP profile in Android 2.1. Also someone did get confirmation from Moto that it was a missing a profile in the Bluetooth stack. It appears that the problem goes away on Froyo.

I haven't tried this yet but supposedly this works:

I found a temporary solution for the G35. I assume the same can be done on the Altima. When you make or receive a call, click "Use Handset" on the screen in the car so that the call goes to the phone. After, hit the "Phone" button on the car. Now the call will be transferred back to the bluetooth, the sound will be clear and the other person will be able to hear you.

This is definitely not a permanent solution, but better than nothing. I won't be so inclined to return the phone now.

Finally tried this and it works like a charm.

pansovic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I drive BMW and used to phone with Palm Pre with preinstalled bluetooth option and that worked perfectly. Now I am trying to pair my HTC Z but there is no way that I can manage it. My HTC receives signals for all over but not from my car and neither my car recognize the HTC. Is it possible that the bluetooth of HTC only works with headset?