Inconsistent Google Assistant Wakeword Responses

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
I have an aftermarket JVC M750BT in my 2013 Chevy Sonic LS. Google Assistant used to work flawlessly, but after one point in time it began only responding once (sometimes twice or thrice if lucky) per driving session. I will say, "Hey Google" loud and clear, free from noise obstruction. It responds fine the first time, but any subsequent calls it completely ignores.

I have tried pressing the mic icon on the screen to see if it works that way, and it does flawlessly regardless of how many subsequent tries, so it can indeed hear my voice clearly; something appears to be glitching or hanging in the system.

I have seen it suggested to do the method where you uninstall the Google app and disable updates, however I have tried that and it did not work. I have tried clean uninstalling, redoing all the settings, nothing seems to be working.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This definitely sounds like (yet another) bug in Android Auto. At this point the only solution I see is either to manually install an AA version that worked without the bug or wait for Google to fix it (and always remember to report it... they can't fix what they don't know about).

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
This definitely sounds like (yet another) bug in Android Auto. At this point the only solution I see is either to manually install an AA version that worked without the bug or wait for Google to fix it (and always remember to report it... they can't fix what they don't know about).
I have multiple times tried to post about these problems with Android Auto, but no one ever answers or takes action. So I took it to here to see if I'd get any bites.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Google is notorious for not having clear communication on bug fixes... but they're also (usually) good at squashing bugs that are reported...eventually. Problem is, with AA, it seems more bugs come out than what they fix. Every time a new phone/OS version comes out, I can see the avalanche of 'Help! My Android Auto used to work and now it doesn't' posts.