Informal Poll: Bluetooth Headset Successes/Failures

Sportplumber

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Plantronics 975 was awful. Plantronics Pro better for outgoing but sounds distorted on incoming. Blueant V1 good incoming not so great out going. Plantronics Pro much better outgoing.

I think Bluetooth generally is not very hi fidelity but the Blueant seemed to be better on my end. Really liked the Plantronics Voyager Pro but it sounds bad incoming, at least to me.

pleeho

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the old Aliph Jawbone Prime - it works perfectly, fast & automatic pairing once you pair-it up manually with the codes the first time. Clear sound quality receiving end & speaking end as well.

I recently used the Sennheiser MM200 - this one took a bit of time to pair up initially, then it cut itself off from connecting once, requiring I go into Settings, hit BlueTooth connection for it to automatically reconnect again. Since then, it's been working perfectly as well, but not as easy as the Jawbone Prime which pairs automatically as soon as I simply turn the BT switch on my DI, then turn on the Jawbone also.

beef5stew

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the Jabra BT530. Works well for talking but I have one gripe.

I use Pandora on my phone with the audio jack hard wired into my car. When I get in my car and put on my headset, it enables BT Phone and BT Media. So my music starts coming out of my earpiece (not exactly high fidelity). I have to go into options and turn that feature off. Not a big issue, but I'd prefer to just get in my car and go.

beef

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny