Insufficient space on sd card

zettaiyo

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm a total noob to rooting etc. I finally was able to root my phone and am using Harmonia on it. Took forever but it finally works. I have the stock micro sd card on the phone and will be getting a bigger one soon. I keep getting insufficient storage space on the sd card warning. The sd card doesn't show up when I look for the apps using superbox but the apps are all still there when I look through my computer. Is this normal? I've updated some apps that I used to have while the phone was stock and everytime I do, the warning comes up when I try to move to sd but it eventually allows me to move the app to the sd card.

I'm lost as to what to do with the sd card. I have only 20 mb right now because of the custom rom I'm assuming. Did I do something wrong when I installed the ROM? I followed the instructions that is posted on this forum to use Harmonia.

Thanks.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Try Re-installing the ROM but do all these things:
1.wipe cache partition.
2.wipe dalvik cache(advanced section)
3.wipe data/factory reset.Now that your rooted YOU MUST NEVER USE THE FACTORY RESET IN THE PRIVACY MENU ON THE PHONE
4.format boot,system,data,and cache
5.go to install zip from sd card
6.go to select zip from sd card,chose the ROM. It will go thru the install procedure.
When all this is done select reboot system now.

It will take 5-10min. for the initial reboot.

You might want to set up your WiFi before you go to the market and sign in as it will make the connection to the market go quicker.Now you can go to the market app and click on it and sign in to your google account(you must have your e-mail address and log in code).Reboot the phone twice(this will tighten up the ROM) then set up your apps. Once you get everything set up just the way you like it and all your apps are just where you want them,go back into your recovery and make a backup of that ROM.

If you want to install a theme all you have to do is go into the recovery and wipe cache partition and dalvik cache,then do the same thing you did to install the ROM(theme must remain zipped)
When you need to install an update to an installed ROM,all you have to do is wipe cache,and dalvik.

To change the boot animation (must remain zipped) go to /system/media(make sure that you have changed permission of the system from r/o to r/w) and delete the boot animation found there. Then copy the boot animation you have on the sd card and paste it where the old animation used to be(on next reboot it will be there)

Last edited:

ke4jgx

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm a total noob to rooting etc. I finally was able to root my phone and am using Harmonia on it. Took forever but it finally works. I have the stock micro sd card on the phone and will be getting a bigger one soon. I keep getting insufficient storage space on the sd card warning. The sd card doesn't show up when I look for the apps using superbox but the apps are all still there when I look through my computer. Is this normal? I've updated some apps that I used to have while the phone was stock and everytime I do, the warning comes up when I try to move to sd but it eventually allows me to move the app to the sd card.

I'm lost as to what to do with the sd card. I have only 20 mb right now because of the custom rom I'm assuming. Did I do something wrong when I installed the ROM? I followed the instructions that is posted on this forum to use Harmonia.

Thanks.

are you sure it's not the *internal* memory space? Usually it starts groaning and moaning about there not being enough space around 20 mb when you have too many apps on the *internal* storage. I used sdx stock app remover and move to sd enabler and it freed up a bunch of internal space and from then on intalls everything directly to SD.

zettaiyo

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure. I have 140 mb internal space but have less than 20 mb on my SD card.

@AndyOpie150 Thanks I'll try that. When I installed Harmonia I didn't use gapps. Am I supposed to? That wasn't part of the instructions.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure. I have 140 mb internal space but have less than 20 mb on my SD card.

@AndyOpie150 Thanks I'll try that. When I installed Harmonia I didn't use gapps. Am I supposed to? That wasn't part of the instructions.
No I messed up and didn't delete everything from my template to match your needs. I made a template with all the info necessary to install the flash_image and recovery, to flashing either a Froyo based ROM or a Gingerbread.This way I don't have to type so much every time someone has a problem in this area(Every day almost). All I have to do is copy and paste the portion that's needed,then delete what's not necessary in that portion. This is a lot quicker for me. Sorry for the confusion this led to.
The Froyo based Roms do not require the "Google Apps". All of the Gingerbread based ROM's do though.

What recovery are you using and what version of Harmonia are you using

In the future try using a better file manager like SuperManager(this is the one I use) or E.S. File Explorer. Make sure you go into the settings and select the show hidden files as well.
I also like to use AndroZip because of the ease in which it allows you to extract or move a file to any were.

Last edited: