Internet Browser Unexpectedly Closes

pendeflex

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello, everyone. I'm a noob to the site. It's great to stumble on a place like this....had no idea it existed.

As the title says, my internet browser suddenly closes. It started to do this just yesterday, and is still doing it today. Here's the situation:
whenever I go to a website, the page will open up. But within approximately 7 seconds, the page closes and my screen goes back to the Bookmarks widget. I don't get any messages or anything. It simply just goes back to the widget. A few times, it has worked for a longer while but it eventually does close.

Any ideas on what could be causing this. I didn't do anything to any settings. I have rebooted the phone several times. This morning, I updated my phone to 2.13.651.1 710RD. Even after all of those restarts that the phone does during the update process, it's still doing it.

Thanks for reading this.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
If you were to take it in to Sprint, they would simply do a factory reset. So that's what I would try.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7 tablet.

RickJN

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Very annoying, mine is doing it as well. I have observed that it only does this when using the bookmark widgets or bookmarks from within the browser, and occasionally the google search widget as well. It doesn't seem to happen when directly typing a url into the browser.

Tried finding an alternate bookmark widget (and alt launchers), but no luck. Finally installed dolphin browser and added their bookmark widget, problem solved.

jesusmarijuana

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
resetting to factory does nothing I've seen this problem since start of getting tablet. I've done resets but problem still exists. it's infuriating and I'm close to throwing my tablet at a wall it's getting so bad. we as people should try to figure this out. my expertise is not in electronics so I'm reaching out cause that's how we progress forward as a society. Find issues fix them. so any other help would be great cause resets don't fix it
I have a lenovo tab2 A8-50