Intro and issue in one

BMW_E39

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey new here and well I need HELP. I don't know that I'll have much to offer on return. But I will try. This will get a bit wordy but I'm not certain after reading through here and other "Driod" forums how else to begin and explain.
First the intro. I bought my first Driod many years ago at Verizon. I had kind of wanted a Palm and they talked me into a Motorola Droid (I don't recall which one) At any rate at the time the deal was unlimited internet, and well I still have that plan I guess it isn't even an option anymore. After a few years me and my driod went swimming and I have had a bionic for more then a year IIRC. Not being a big phone guy or tech guy for that matter. I just used the phone and browser a few apps and its left "Stock". I had to make a gmail account to sync I was told at the store so that I could recover any contacts if the phone died or whatever. I don't use gmail for anything but the sync I guess.Anyway I downloaded an update and its really messed with my people and contacts and stuff. Not certain where to turn. I have searched but can't seem to find my issue. Before I post in teh wrong forum can someone direct me to which one would be best; Andriod 4.1 or general help and how to?

The brief.
Some of my contacts have been saved to Google contact some to Backup Assisatant Plus Contact. I don;t know when or if I change some setting but now saving to groups is a PITA. Also I was told to go to my gmail dashboard and organize them there but it only shows 30 ALL contacts which I can open?? and 13 My contacts. I've over 100 entries when I go to People. Also in PEOPLE go to menu_CONTACTS TO DISPLAY_ it comes up as Customize being checked. If I check Backup Assistant Plus as an example VV has his telephone number but not email. When I un-check BAP and check Customize his email but not Telephone.

Also when I did the last update my groups got "messed up" and if you were in a group you got removed from my list of people.

SO where do I turn guys. I can spell it all out. I have looked through the getting started and other stickies and I'm still stuck.

Thanks in advance,

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey new here and well I need HELP. I don't know that I'll have much to offer on return. But I will try. This will get a bit wordy but I'm not certain after reading through here and other "Driod" forums how else to begin and explain.
First the intro. I bought my first Driod many years ago at Verizon. I had kind of wanted a Palm and they talked me into a Motorola Droid (I don't recall which one) At any rate at the time the deal was unlimited internet, and well I still have that plan I guess it isn't even an option anymore. After a few years me and my driod went swimming and I have had a bionic for more then a year IIRC. Not being a big phone guy or tech guy for that matter. I just used the phone and browser a few apps and its left "Stock". I had to make a gmail account to sync I was told at the store so that I could recover any contacts if the phone died or whatever. I don't use gmail for anything but the sync I guess.Anyway I downloaded an update and its really messed with my people and contacts and stuff. Not certain where to turn. I have searched but can't seem to find my issue. Before I post in teh wrong forum can someone direct me to which one would be best; Andriod 4.1 or general help and how to?

The brief.
Some of my contacts have been saved to Google contact some to Backup Assisatant Plus Contact. I don;t know when or if I change some setting but now saving to groups is a PITA. Also I was told to go to my gmail dashboard and organize them there but it only shows 30 ALL contacts which I can open?? and 13 My contacts. I've over 100 entries when I go to People. Also in PEOPLE go to menu_CONTACTS TO DISPLAY_ it comes up as Customize being checked. If I check Backup Assistant Plus as an example VV has his telephone number but not email. When I un-check BAP and check Customize his email but not Telephone.

Also when I did the last update my groups got "messed up" and if you were in a group you got removed from my list of people.

SO where do I turn guys. I can spell it all out. I have looked through the getting started and other stickies and I'm still stuck.

Thanks in advance,

Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about your troubles....hope you can find something here....http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-bionic/

BMW_E39

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey thanks I will try and post my troubles over there. I'm sure there isn't anything wrong other then how I have things set up. Just not sure how to do it right.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastura24