Intro: Hi all

Carbon Stig

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone just wanted to introduce myself. I'm currently w Verizon and will be upgrading soon to a Smartphone. I do like the iphone because compared to the android its very fluid when flicking the screen or scrolling. However, I like the possibilities of customising an android.

So far I'm interested in the HTC Thunderbolt, Moto Bionic, and Samsung Galaxy S II (not sure if this is coming out for Verizon).

A couple of questions:
1. Which of the three would be the easiest to root and customize?
2. From what I've read, is the Super AMOLED the closest to the iphone Retina display?
3. For the Samsung GSII, is it difficult to change the UI from Touchwiz to something CM7?
4. Out of the three brands, which company makes the best quality phone? I've had their dumb-phones in the past, and my best experience was with HTC.

Thank, and I'll probably have more questions as it gets closer for me to upgrade. Hope this was the right place to post this.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums ..... easiest to root would be HTC... the Thunderbolt. Best screen I would say goes to the Galaxy and best build would be Motorola. From the sound of it you would most likely be happy with the Thunderbolt.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Agreed with CW.

HTC is easy to root and customize and Motorola has solid hardware. AMOLED is pretty nice and you cannot go wrong with it and the closest to Retina. If you can wait, I would say Motorola Bionic just because it's a dual core. But if you want something soon then wait for the Thunderbolt.

Rooting both Motorola and HTC is possible. Customizing ROMS is where the difference is, Moto will probably have a locked bootloader so not as many ROMS.

Welcome to A/C.

Carbon Stig

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Do you think the bootloader will eventually be unlocked by someone? I wonder how much of a difference a dual core will make for day to day phone text, voice, and web browsing?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prinz7