IPhone 5

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Watched the Live Blog on Engadget from beginning to end. There was basically nothing much announced and nothing impressed me. Each device looked kind of ugly in my opinion/preferences.

iPhone 5 got a thinner/taller screen, thinner/lighter body, three microphones, A6, improved front cam/slightly improved rear cam, LTE and that's about it. It seems like there was a bit of updates, but it's not that "innovative" like Apple likes to use. Let me put it this way. It was innovative when the first Macbook Air, iPad, iPhone came out. All the revisions after that were not "innovative" in my term/definition/view.

iPod Touch got some decent hardware updates, but I don't like how it looks now, or the fact the starting price is $299.99. The Kindle HD sounds better, and then there is the superior Nexus 7.

Don't get me started on the Nano....UGLY. In some ways it reminds me of chinese knockoffs of old Nanos, or generic MP3 players.

The two items I am most impressed are the "Lightning" Dock/Port sync cord, and their new "EarPod" earbuds. Better luck next time Apple..this year's release was boring.

It's like the Toyota Camry yearly front and rear facelift. :)

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
What would've impressed me, even being anti-Apple, is if they'd released the phone with a 1920x1080 screen, released two models (one the current size and one 4.7" or larger) , with a quad core processor and NFC. THAT would've literally had me say kudos Apple.

Rev.

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Not impressed either but they will sell these and not because of Apple fanfolk. In a word, 4GLTE! Welcome to the party Apple. As for the rest of IP5, bleh.

Smart move for many iPhone users? Get the SGS3. But most won't. Enjoy the lines!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I was in 6th Period tech class today during the announcement and I was reading the live blog from Engadget as it was being written with a friend of mine who is the definition of an iSheep. I kid you not right before we started reading the blog he was complaining that a 4 inch display was too big but when the thing was over he was jumping up and down because it had a bigger screen.....like WTF! As we were watching both me and another one of my friends were bored to death because there was nothing new and innovative but yet my iSheep friend and a few others in class that were watching the live stream were literally jumping up and down in their chairs!

It will never cease to amaze me how stupid some people can be and how creative marketing can sell a device, imagine if the SGS3 had the same level of marketing, a perfect phone with a perfect sales pitch would be great but instead the iPhone is a horrible phone with great marketing and it will go down as a wild success even tho it offers nothing new.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Whats Revolutionary About iPhone 5?

Their flagship isn't even enough to ding HTC or Samsung. The keynote is just making me feel good about being an Android owner. :D

Sent from my HTC One X

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
At this point the biggest reason many want/have the iPhone is what they consider a 'status' symbol, and that is why many will get the 5, but the bloom is off the rose and more people are figuring it out. If Apple isn't careful they will be the next BlackBerry.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

codycha126

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I remember when Steve Jobs said that a 3.5" screen was the "perfect" size for a phone.... I guess the iphone 5 isn't "perfect" anymore

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
If I wanted an iPhone 5 I would download an iPhone theme on my galaxy s3. Screw you Apple. May your phone rot in hell

snee 44

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
My wife, kids & grand kids wants me to get an iPhone so I could help them in learning how to use it.
Ihave been waiting for the iPhone 5 release before deciding to get the galaxy 3. The iPhone is a big disappointment so I am going to the galaxy 3. Apple definitely blew it.

jimijames

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I feel that Apple has only managed to catch up to the S3, One X, etc with the iPhone5. I'm sure the camera kicks butt and the UX is buttery smooth as ever, but there is nothing here that is light years ahead of the competitors. What really annoys me are the people who don't know any better and will gobble up the 5 as the best thing since sliced bread.

Apple's problems really only start here. Right now, they are on par with the competition, but Samsung, HTC, and others will continue to innovate and release new hardware over the next year. Apple typically releases once a year. By this time next year, the 5 might be so far behind the competition that catching up is hard enough - nevermind surpassing. That's my hope anyway :D

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm watching the news this morning and reporters and journalists are saying its the best, most innovative iphone Apple has released and a must have! The kool-aide is still strong! lol!

Princesa

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm watching the news this morning and reporters and journalists are saying its the best, most innovative iphone Apple has released and a must have! The kool-aide is still strong! lol!

lol Sooo true!!! I have a few friends and family members who are in love deep with Apple stuff and must have the new iphone..after a while its gets played out,I personally could careless about the iphone I don't see the appeal at all but its sooooooo annoying its like everyone wants to have a make out session with this new phone lol

cjmac97

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Love my Galaxy S3. Only thing I'm envious of in the iPhone 5 is Passbook. Global integration of ticketing, boarding passes, etc. seems to be moving very quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere