Is anyone leaving the S8s for any S9?

SAnon

Apr 13, 2018
Visit site
I'm completely happy with my S8+.
If only Samsung wouldn't screw it up with ridiculously flawed software updates. I never had a single issue with it until this last update in April, now I have a ton of issues. Thanks Samsung đź‘Ť

Virginia Smith42

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
moved (by force) from s5 to s8. It is filled with preinstalled, battery hungry glut for which I have no use or control (cant remove or disable)...Bixby being one. Since update to Oreo, it's slow w many glitches/crashes of it's own builtins. I might look elsewhere, even last years something for cheaper.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
moved (by force) from s5 to s8. It is filled with preinstalled, battery hungry glut for which I have no use or control (cant remove or disable)...Bixby being one. Since update to Oreo, it's slow w many glitches/crashes of it's own builtins. I might look elsewhere, even last years something for cheaper.
you can disable bixby. they even have a little button inside the app where you can turn it off.

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
And Oreo is just as fast if not faster than nougat. Battery lasts as long as iPhone ones, and the rest of the competition for that matter . Bloatware is non existent, unless you got it from your carrier ofcourse.
Google is part of Android, and bixby part of TouchWiz. Both can be disabled.
Besides, Siri is just as annoying, lot of work to disable that completely.

S8 and plus were the better and faster phone at the time. S9 versions just minor improvements. Not enough to justify the premium price they ask.
So either I go for S10+ next year, or pick up the s9+ at a price you now pay for s8+.

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
For the S9+, if you value much better sounding speakers, better low light pics, optical zoom (digital is fake zoom) and about 20% better overall performance, then could be worth it. Not sure though most would notice the performance increase unless you play emulators or use the Dex Pad.

“Optical zoom”on that phone is fake zoom. There is no optical zoom. Just marketing BS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradypsnyder