is it better to buy a galaxy s7 instead of the edge due to sd card error notification pop up

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i'm currently still using my droid 4 have a birthday in 2 weeks i'm hoping to get a new phone since its old and battry is draining way to fast lately and it been fixed alot over the years last time was new years day

i'm kindof interested in galaxy s7 and i have read about sd card error mostly on the edge i got verizon btw

i'm just trying to figure out what to do i was thinking about the priv but 2 things is that no gallery don't want to sync photos to the cloud never have on my droid 4 anyways and i see does't have a number row on the top like droid 4 only 1 person so far has bought it

i could get either a droid turbo 2 or droid maxx 2 but then i will lose notification led lights and i kindof like them don't think i want to hand motion the phone to wake it up miss calls emails and text

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
and what do you think is better regular s7 or the edge i know don't think i can get it at verizon store cost alt

however walmart cheaper on regular s7 then the edge payment thing but i'm kindof confused by what the guy was explaining to me it looks like want to add another line to get regular s7 cheap walmart or something like that

rdandy5875

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
It happens on the NON-edge S7 as well. I'd say 50% of the people on the EDGE S7 thread about the issue actually have a normal NON-edge S7. It just so happens that, that thread got "legs" fast and everyone, normal and EDGE owners, are posting in there.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
well also been reading something about black screen and power and volume button don't works sometimes

is this really a bad phone or what i'm now having 2nd thoughts if i want to get one or not

hylex

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
i'm currently still using my droid 4 have a birthday in 2 weeks i'm hoping to get a new phone since its old and battry is draining way to fast lately and it been fixed alot over the years last time was new years day

i'm kindof interested in galaxy s7 and i have read about sd card error mostly on the edge i got verizon btw

i'm just trying to figure out what to do i was thinking about the priv but 2 things is that no gallery don't want to sync photos to the cloud never have on my droid 4 anyways and i see does't have a number row on the top like droid 4 only 1 person so far has bought it

i could get either a droid turbo 2 or droid maxx 2 but then i will lose notification led lights and i kindof like them don't think i want to hand motion the phone to wake it up miss calls emails and text

This is a bit absurd really! If it bothers that much, a simple long press on the notification and 'never display', will take care of it for good.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
This is a bit absurd really! If it bothers that much, a simple long press on the notification and 'never display', will take care of it for good.

I simply swipe it away on my GS7 and it never reappears. It is only a notification that the SD card is available but not that there is an error. I did the long press and got system ui toggles. Tried them all. No joy. I wouldn't obsess about it.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The notification shouldn't be a deal breaker. For me, the value of the Edge functionality and battery didn't justify the cost. The size and performance of the GS7 met my needs and cost consideration.

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
both phones are amazing, I have the regular s7 and the battery life is awesome. the sd card thing is not an error it's just saying you have an sd card in the phone and it only shows after a reboot, you just swipe it away and it doesn't show up again until you reboot again. I don't see what all the fuss is about. the black screen thing is easily resolved by the volume down and power button trick. I had it happen to me once a couple days after i received mine. i just did the volume down and power button trick and the phone has been flawless since.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
As others have already pointed out. The SD card is a non issue. Don't use that as a reason not to enjoy the phone. Out of all the devices I have owned, and there has been a ton, this is by far my favorite. I got the edge myself. Love the screen and battery.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
well i know there's no way to get it at verizon store since cost alot my best bet is i assumed need new contact since my phone so old either do walmart for contact or go by sam club not sure how sam club will work out

i'll prob go with s7 instead of the edge depends how cheap it is i know i don't want a droid turbo 2 or a droid maxx 2 will lose notifications lights function

i assumed the blackberry priv cost alot at verizon<-the only reason why was somewhat interested due to keyboard since i'm on a droid 4 with keyboard again 2 things not fan of priv which i never look at it yet btw is doesn't have a photo app gallery and there's no front row of numbers on the top like a droid 4 keybard does not sure about a lg g5

i'm kindof picky because i want to continue using a phone with sd card hence why i don't want to have a phone like galaxy s6 droid maxx or a iphone

i guess just see what happens next few weeks

i don't sync any pics or music in the cloud i got pics on sd card and all of my music are mp3's

my very 1st phone verizon was r2d2 droid 2 and that didn't last long due to peeling off keys on keyboard which was much smaller then droid 4 was
i'm kindof handicap and got shakey hands i understand that i can get a keyboard on top of galaxy s7 if i wanted to