Is it Legal for Verizon to to boot you off Unlimited?

McSlappy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Scroll down on that PDF.

There are different buckets depending on which devices you use.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ohh now that is awesome. So for $10 access point access and $60 per 10 gig is not bad. Add Skype for the phone access and you have 10 gig per month access to all of your devices for $80 per month. And you could have Skype access on your tablet or Mobile phone with wifi.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Ohh now that is awesome. So for $10 access point access and $60 per 10 gig is not bad. Add Skype for the phone access and you have 10 gig per month access to all of your devices for $80 per month. And you could have Skype access on your tablet or Mobile phone with wifi.
But you have to carry the MiFi around with you. My rooted GNex gets mobile hotspot feature for free so better to keep unlimited and free mobile hotspot.

McSlappy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
But you have to carry the MiFi around with you. My rooted GNex gets mobile hotspot feature for free so better to keep unlimited and free mobile hotspot.

The equivalent plan for the phone and devices would be $140 if not on unlimited at twice the price. With case for laptop or tablets etc what is one more little thing that is smaller then a phone being put in to save half the access charges monthly. Again it's all hypothetical since I'm on unlimited as well. But with the carriers these day's who knows when that could change.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
The equivalent plan for the phone and devices would be $140 if not on unlimited at twice the price.
OK, but I was planning on keeping my unlimited data. If you have unlimited data now and can get by with 450 minutes and pay as you go text by using skype for $10 a month, then your bill is $70 + $10 = $80 with basically unlimited everything since you are using skype for voice and text. If you have a rooted ICS device, you have free mobile hotspot, too with unlimited data.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
An area of expertise does not give one the license to ridicule, be abrasive, or condescending to those which are not. Like some here I have an area of expertise, but unlike some I try to educate my customers, give them the information/tools to make qualified decisions when seeking my services.

Azeron

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Not trying to get ugly but you are the target of the new rate plan. I would think that it is in Verizon's best interest to encourage you to move to a different carrier, pay for what you are using, or modify your usage habits.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

No. Verizon would want metered billing regardless and no one should blame them. Just as I do not blame this guy for taking advantage of them. 200GB is simply unbelievable.

bulvine420

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
All the cell phone dealings are shady they charge you over 500 bucks for a phone off contract a android tablet with the same chipset and a bigger screen is 500 bucks or less and has a bigger screen how does this make since? And for some reason we think we are getting a deal when we pay almost 400 bucks for a phone on contract now. If we want to keep our unlimited Verizon is just charging us full price on our phones which we are almost doing now.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
With the rules the FCC imposed regarding LTE bidding on 700Mhz spectrum can they force you off of unlimited data?

You Can Use Your Verizon Smartphone LTE SIM in an iPad (with Unlimited Data Plans & Hotspot too) ? Verizon Responds | PhoneNews.com

Yes. The terms of the auction stipulate that the carriers can engage in reasonable network management practices, including tiered data. The FCC has already affirmed that what Verizon and AT&T are doing is acceptable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54