is it me or i Type with no Mistakes with iPhone Keyboard then with Galaxy ?!?!!!!!

Prince1984

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
it is incredible who many times i need to retype words with the Galaxy !!! seriously
i switch from iphone to galaxy like 3 month ago, couldn't be happier. but I've put up with this keyboard problems. i've never!! had so much typing mistakes with the galaxy like i never had with the iPhone!! and i tried to install bunch of different keyboard to give them a try but all the same! how can you explain that??!
i'm really thinking to switch back to iPhone just because of this bugy thing that i can't keep having no more....
i must say i tried to play with LG android phone (5.5 inch) and looks like there keyboard is quit fine... but never been able to install it to the note 4.....

what should i do?! is it just me or you'r having these issues too?
any other android phone you recommend before going back to iPhone?!

thanks for the help!!

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Muscle memory. Just gotta get used to it. I have to retype everything three times when I have to use my work iPhone because I can't peck at those puny keys any more.

Oh, and if you're making mistakes with SwiftKey, you haven't used it enough, or haven't set it up properly. Once it learns your style, sentences should almost type themselves.

Posted via the Android Central App

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I find the screen on the note 4 to be too sensitive to do accurate tap typing. If I hover thumb too close to the screen I sometimes get a stray character thrown in. For that reason I often will use swipe input instead. Things are worse if screen sensitivity is set to max (Settings->Device->Display->Increase touch sensitivity) so you may want to verify that this option isn't enabled on your phone.

Last edited:

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit that the keyboard is one thing that Apple has done well. I seem to be more accurate in thumb typing with my wife's iPhone 5 & 6 than with most android keyboards I've tried.

But, have you tried Swype? I wrote them off once I discovered SwiftKey (couple years ago) but it seems like SwiftKey has been getting worse in predicting my taps & swipes over the last 6 months (with my Samsung galaxy S3 & now my Note 4).

Swype isn't perfect either. Just in swiping this post it I've had to go back and correct 3 or 4 words. But, I've been using it exclusively for the last month and I'd say it's better at prediction than SwiftKey (which I didn't think was possible).

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.nuance.swype.trial&token=bdf08kfZ

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Have you all tried using the S Pen for input? Its so good at OCR that it still boggles my mind. You may not want to use it all the time but it sure is refreshing when I DO use it.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Have you all tried using the S Pen for input? Its so good at OCR that it still boggles my mind. You may not want to use it all the time but it sure is refreshing when I DO use it.

good point. You are right . It does do a great job at recognizing my horrible handwriting . I always forget to use it for that. But, it's almost perfect in it's recognition, I should use it all the time . In this reply I had to only correct one incorrect spelling because I really messed it up myself. And I am writting very quickly.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Swiftkey can help but ... Nothing can help if you tap in the wrong spots. That is simply something you will have to adjust .. once muscle memory is better you will be able to type .. but I don't think it is the phone unless it is defective.

sirCLD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I have had and continue to have the same problem...I find myself fixing typos all of the time. Previous to the Note 4 I had the S5 and the Q10. I did find something that helps...makes a huge difference in fact! Turning on sound and vibrate feedback with every letter press. I don't like them on...and have since turned them off and just type 'slower', but when they were on...I was a machine! Give it a try...

Posted via the Android Central App using the Note 4

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Using the S Pen would be my suggestion as well! I have long finger nails and using my finger tips has just never worked for me on any phone.....I use Swiftkey keyboard and The S Pen works great at swiping/OCR.

Tim Crowley

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Indeed, I recently went from many years of iPhone use and get lot's of errors typing with my awesome Note 4. For me I make less errors swiping than thumbing. But, I think as others have said it's just a matter of training the fingers.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried using the stock Google keyboard? It seems to be the closest to the apple keyboard in my use case, though I still do type better on my iPhone than my Note.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I didn't like the Samsung's Keyboard that came in pre-installed with Note 4!! But my note 4 also came with Swype, and I have been using that and it works well for me...yes it makes error, but I am used to it.

Have u tried Touch Pal...i used it on my Galaxy S2 and it was great!

I have heard Android L keyboard is also good so if u haven't tried that, give it a shot!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have had and continue to have the same problem...I find myself fixing typos all of the time. Previous to the Note 4 I had the S5 and the Q10. I did find something that helps...makes a huge difference in fact! Turning on sound and vibrate feedback with every letter press. I don't like them on...and have since turned them off and just type 'slower', but when they were on...I was a machine! Give it a try...

Posted via the Android Central App using the Note 4

I like haptic feedback as well. ...means less battery life but that's what chargers are for I suppose.

Prince1984

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
the thing is i touched and played with some other LG / Huawei android phone and there keyboard seems quit good.... any recommendation for other phone of this company's?

M3Stang

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Funny I've had the note 4 since launch and I've tried fleksy and Google key board. For me the best one is honestly the stock one. I do have typing issues though as well. Annoying but I deal with it. Sometimes it types stupid things that make absolutely no sense when I got most of the word right. Like for some reason I'll type get and it'll correct it to grt and then I'll have to remove it from the dictionary. Unless I told the iPhone to Erie grt it wouldn't. I wish there was a way to press the little x on a predicted word like on the iPhone.

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the note 4 and no problems, I have an iPhone for work that makes me insane to type on as it constantly mistypes all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781