is it possible transfer photos from camera to nexus 7?

shadowz01

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, got my nexus 7 today, my very first android device.
Just wondering is it possible to transfer photos/videos from camera (nex5) to nexus 7?
I've heard about using a micro-usb host otg thingy + sd card reader, trying to make sure if it works because online ordering will probably takes a week or two to arrive.

Does it work if i connect my camera straight to nexus 7? LoL if so I will just get a cable instead :p

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe you can connect the camera directly, but using a computer in the middle is easy enough. Move whatever you want to the /DCIM/Camera directory on your tablet's internal storage (sdcard)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I believe CM10 has OTG working. In theory, you could connect it directly to your N7 and have it read the SD card. Haven't tried it personally though.

Or just transfer the pics to your computer and upload to Dropbox.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Reactions: 2defmouze

shadowz01

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The reason why i want to do this is to quickly review the photos immediately on a bigger and better screen while I'm traveling. I'll probably buy the cables and OTG, they are cheap anyway.
Thanks guys;)

Cortf

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I've tried the OTG with my Canon and can't get it to work. Also tried an sd card reader but that doesn't get recognized either. I've loaded a couple file managers on the N7 but the sd card doesn't show up. Are there settings in the N7 that are needed to make the USB connection work? Found in the storage settings the button for usb connection and the one about camera file transfers but none of that works. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

shadowz01

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Tested. I can connect my camera to nexus 7 using USB OTG Host adapter and it works perfect. It also let me import the photos into gallery too~ :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charilaos