Is it true LTE functions will only work with Samsung phones?

Lee Waters

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
It does work. See my other post on this forum.

Basically,

[SNIP]

But you have to get a T mobile phone, or go to T mobile and talk them into letting you borrow one.

Bad deal, Samsung!

No, it doesn't work. I have the right plan. I was assured by the sales rep it would work with my phone. But it doesn't. I followed your steps, and I still get the message saying that the service can't be activated from my phone, an LG V30, so the specs are up to snuff. You simply have to have the initialization with specific phones, end of story. I don't have access to any phones that would work, so I unfortunately have to weasel my way out of this. I am set up to pay monthly installments for the device, plus a monthly fee for the LTE connection. It'll probably cost to cancel those and then there's a restocking fee. What a waste of time and money...

This leaves a very bad taste in my mouth for both Samsung and T-Mobile. Being used as a Guinea pig by sales reps who, knowing what phone I had, all but baited me into this particular set up, even though I initially requested to do something else with my spare line, is not really ideal for customer relations...

Last edited:

nofaithineli

May 29, 2016
Visit site
My unlocked (non carrier specific) S9+ had no issues initializing the Tmobile LTE watch. Phone compatibility seems to be most important, though there seems to be at least some anecdotal evidence of getting it to work otherwise.

Hog Rider 73

Mar 9, 2019
Visit site
It does work. See my other post on this forum.

Basically,

1) You need to set the watch up initially using a T Mobile phone. The software installer is crap, so you MUST get past the (cell) network discovery step, to download the eSIM profile to the watch
2) When the setup is complete, on the watch, go to Connect to New Phone
3) A bit scary, because it will say resetting.
4) Download the Galaxy Watch app on your desired phone.
5) After set up, everything works! You get calls, messages, everything from you desired phone. When you call from the watch, the caller number is your desired phone. When you disconnect from the phone, or set the watch to always on network, it runs off T Mobile.

But you have to get a T mobile phone, or go to T mobile and talk them into letting you borrow one.

Bad deal, Samsung!

I realize this is an older thread, but just wanted to confirm that this process works with Verizon as well. I got the Galaxy Watch and the S10. But when I heard that the watch will work with an iPhone, I set it up with my iPhone X. It initially told me that the watch wasn't supported on the Verizon network and I'd be notified when an update was available. I called them and was told the watch doesn't work with an iPhone... Yeah, ok. So I played their little game and set it up with the S10. I'll be damned, it' connected to the Verizon network. So today, I came across this post and decided to try it. Now this watch is actually number shared with my S10.

I just reset the watch and reset it up with my iPhone X and I'll be damned if it didn't connect to the network this time. I had my wife call my iPhone X and sure enough, my Galaxy Watch goes off. We hung up and then I called her from the watch as I was curious if the watch number would show up, or my iPhone number. The iPhone number showed up. So, I didn't even have to call Verizon to tell them which phone on my account I was number sharing with.

Now, if you have the Bluetooth only version of the watch, this is all a moot point, but I just wanted to chime in and let ya'll know that this does in fact work, at least it worked for me, and I'm connected to an iPhone X now.

seal12

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I have just put my sim in my wife's S8 and activated the lte YEH. If I now go and pair with an iPhone that has another sim and number in it...... What will happen... Will it ring with the other shared sim that is from my private number??

seal12

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi Hog rider 73, did you take the sim card out of the S10 and put it in the iPhone or was there another sim with different number in the iPhone?

Thanks

Last edited: