Is it Worth Buying a New G4 Today?

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
So certain serials are guaranteed (or proven) to not have this issue?

I don't think so and see no reason to trust LG that much.

Its impossible to figure that out with just culling info off forum threads. You would have to see LG's logs to see any info on specific amounts of failures on specific production runs.

That said....I researched before I got the G4 and bought it with an extended warranty for 2 years. I also have a few back up phones to use if this one b-loops out and I have to send in for replacement/repair.

So if you do not have a back up phone and get a G4 with no warranty or limited warranty.......your gambling with your purchase. Even so...this phone is the best android phone out there for my uses and likes. I simply find it very hard to go back to any phone with buttons on the sides. I'm totally addicted to the buttons on the back side. Plus....I find the 5.5 size to be perfect for my liking. My nexus 6 is very nice and i like it a lot....just not that size....even a 5.7 is too much to me.

ackmondual

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
For me, I got a "used, but good condition" LG G4 from Ebay for $220. A new Samsung Galaxy s4 costs about that much. Figured I'll be a bit more adventurous and try a phone from another company. Vibration doesn't work (link below), I'm still getting used to not having a physical home button, no side buttons, and other things. I've had to tweak certain things but those are to my liking now. Signal appears to be better (even though still on same carrier), camera is pretty good thus far, and the curve shape of the back, and the negative curve of the screen is a small, but still neat feature

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ibration-whatsoever-lg-g4-phone-new-post.html

Only with certain serials etc..I have a H815 works great still

Posted via the Android Central App

Ugh... I have an LG-H811...don't know if that's bad, but it sounds like it can be :(

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
For me, I got a "used, but good condition" LG G4 from Ebay for $220. A new Samsung Galaxy s4 costs about that much. Figured I'll be a bit more adventurous and try a phone from another company. Vibration doesn't work (link below), I'm still getting using to not having a physical home button, no side buttons, and other things. I've had to tweak certain things but those are to my liking now.

The back buttons, found it interesting and a little hard to get used to but, once you do, they really make sense where they are, Very useful when your on a call and want to adjust volume.

Shocked that no other OEMs did this years ago...

Had a G2, G3 (for sale in the sales area) and currently a G4...Over all, very nice phone, feature loaded and pretty well designed for what it is. Besides some buggy models when it was release, you get a good one, it's a solid phone.

As I compare newer models, I don't see a worthy advantage over the costs difference.

revelations65

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I had the boot issue but o2 here in the UK quickly sent me a replacement. I still love this phone fast powerful great photos and 2 band wi fi I run it on the 5g in the house.I say yes purchase a G4 and reading many articles many people are not rushing in now with upgrading their phones i am not unless there is significant improvement with battery life with smart phones in general.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter