Is Samsung really going to remove the headphone jack from the Note 10?

DirtyApe777

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I've been seeing multiple leaks lately stating or hinting towards the idea of Samsung getting rid of the headphone jack from the Note 10.

I've been wanting to get a Note series phone for a while now and I wanted to wait for the Note 10. Now that it's been leaked that Samsung will most likely remove the headphone, I probably won't be buying the Note 10. The Note 10 is supposed to about productivity and multi-tasking and not removing things/features. The headphone jack is the one thing that I love about Samsung and LG.

What are your takes on this?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've been seeing multiple leaks lately stating or hinting towards the idea of Samsung getting rid of the headphone jack from the Note 10.

I've been wanting to get a Note series phone for a while now and I wanted to wait for the Note 10. Now that it's been leaked that Samsung will most likely remove the headphone, I probably won't be buying the Note 10. The Note 10 is supposed to about productivity and multi-tasking and not removing things/features. The headphone jack is the one thing that I love about Samsung and LG.

From rumors looks like it will, but dont let th.cat stop you , you have choices wireless headphones or dongle.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
From rumors looks like it will, but dont let th.cat stop you , you have choices wireless headphones or dongle.
Agreed! It's the stupid display hole that should stop you ;)

I kid, since ir should really be the hole and no 3.5 jack. The closer Samsung gets to acting like Apple, the less differentiation and resulting marketshare.

fkchang

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
After living with a phone w/o a headphone jack, I was so looking forward to switching back to Samsung via the Note 10 - I had what I consider to be Samsung's best phone the Note 4 (replaceable battery, sd card, IR blaster, stylus, headphone jack - all features I used) and was ready to come back to the fold. As a musician who also happens to have several expensive wired headphones, the (easily lost or forgotten) dongle solution is terrible. I guess the trend is to make things better for hipsters and the manufacturers rather than the power users. :(

What flagship phone is there w/a headphone jack left, only LG?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Can't be the only thing you love about Samsung and L.G.

Lack of a traditional jack hasn't made a difference in my life at all.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It has to the manufacturer - they don't have to pay for the DAC if they don't include the adapter with the phone. (It also allows the carriers to remove the DAC, if it comes with the phone, and sell it separately. Verizon used to do that with the earphone (and it was a 99 cent item they sold for about $10-$15).

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It has to the manufacturer - they don't have to pay for the DAC if they don't include the adapter with the phone. (It also allows the carriers to remove the DAC, if it comes with the phone, and sell it separately. Verizon used to do that with the earphone (and it was a 99 cent item they sold for about $10-$15).
The only one that has done that with a dongle so far is Apple but they do provide earbuds.