Is the Droid RZR going to get ics before Rezound! ?

saabguy2005

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
i keep all these articles about the RZR getting iCS...i thought the rezound was getting it first. Verizon truly shows no love to the non droid branded phones even when they are clearly better!:mad:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
i keep all these articles about the RZR getting iCS...i thought the rezound was getting it first. Verizon truly shows no love to the non droid branded phones even when they are clearly better!:mad:

..probably. :)

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
All signs point to Razr getting it first IF Motorola keeps it's word and sends it out before end of second quarter. If not they will both get it around same time next month.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

How is the rezound better? Everyone has different opinions. So I would like yours please

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
How is the rezound better? Everyone has different opinions. So I would like yours please

It's apples to oranges honestly. Razr has some nice options, if those are something you want (HDMI) maybe you enjoy blur. Major differences is removal battery on one - other you pay $100 more for different phone and you are locked in to one or the other. Rezound has true HD 720 display, while Razer is 540p. Rezound has 2.0 FFC while Razr has 1.3mp. Rezound has 1.5 Ghz dual core, while Razr has 1.2. Not huge differences but there are some obviously across the board and to each their own. You should have options when you are looking at the top of line devices and some will claim Razr is better as others state Rezound 4 life, both are great devices.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

I own both the Razr Maxx and the Rezound.
In all honesty, the Rezound is a more solid device overall, but they both have their own benefits. The screen and camera are the real winners on the Rez, while the Maxx has the battery, form factor, and less instrusive custom skin. I have grown very attached to the Maxx though, and could never give up this battery life.
On topic though, I think the Razr is gonna be the first out of the gates with ICS. I'd also like to point out that Bionic owners are the only ones with a real right to be pissed. They jumped on the phone months before we got ours, and they'll be the last to receive the update. Yeah, the phone was pretty much declared a dud before it even came out, but there wouldn't be any winners if there ain't no losers. :-X

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Not to be a prick. But who cares if the RAZR gets (official) ICS before the Rezound? If you don't own a RAZR/Maxx, then don't worry about it. As long as you get what you want for your device, be happy about it.

Just my 2 cents, please take it as such.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Of course it will. Verizon would never let the golden child be treated otherwise. I don't care a whole lot personally cause I have been on bugless ics for a while now.

Screen, camera, not as wide as a barn, removable battery, HTCdev unlock, talk and data over 3g, stock screen shot.

Hardware and software are generally debatable

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Why blame Verizon? They don't develop the updates the manufacturer does. All VZ does is test them and roll them out.

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Of course it will. Verizon would never let the golden child be treated otherwise. I don't care a whole lot personally cause I have been on bugless ics for a while now.

Screen, camera, not as wide as a barn, removable battery, HTCdev unlock, talk and data over 3g, stock screen shot.

Hardware and software are generally debatable

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Meanwhile, over at Verizon they have two criteria for which phone is best.

1. Sales figures
2. Cost of returns/tech support.

And I'm betting HTC, Moto and Samsung have the same criteria.

Reactions: Ry

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Meanwhile, over at Verizon they have two criteria for which phone is best.

1. Sales figures
2. Cost of returns/tech support.

And I'm betting HTC, Moto and Samsung have the same criteria.

3. How much money Verizon has investmented in advertising for the phone and their brand name that it carries.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Why blame Verizon? They don't develop the updates the manufacturer does. All VZ does is test them and roll them out.

I could be wrong, but I think that how long it took the 3g xoom to get ics vs the WiFi xoom is a good indicator of what involvement they have. Plus they have to do their own testing and sexual the oat how they please. If it were up to the manufacturer the updates would be out the week they were done instead of whenever Verizon chooses to allow the ota

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

yellar

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe some folks don't think its right for the rzr and maxx to get ics first but in reality I see Motorola Droid commercials on tv from Verizon all the time. The last htc phone I saw verizon advertising was the thunderbolt because it was the first LTE phone. Based on that alone I would be shocked if they didn't get it before us.

Yuuuuup

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I think that how long it took the 3g xoom to get ics vs the WiFi xoom is a good indicator of what involvement they have. Plus they have to do their own testing and sexual the oat how they please. If it were up to the manufacturer the updates would be out the week they were done instead of whenever Verizon chooses to allow the ota

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

...and sexual the oat how they please.

uhm, ok that's a new phrase for me... translation please?

Pabster

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I think what bothers a lot of people is the perception that Verizon may be holding back a finished version of ICS for the Rezound while they wait for a working Razr build. I have no idea whether or not this is the case but it makes a nice conspiracy theory if you are into that.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I think what bothers a lot of people is the perception that Verizon may be holding back a finished version of ICS for the Rezound while they wait for a working Razr build. I have no idea whether or not this is the case but it makes a nice conspiracy theory if you are into that.

A conspiracy that wouldn't make sense seeing as HTC keeps "leaking" ICS builds.

Reactions: Ry

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63