Is the Flip a sales Flop?

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
So lack of demand and carrier price drops is no indication of a device struggling to sell? Okay gotcha

How do you know there is a lack of demand? You can’t base it on your phone experience selling yours. I personally would not buy this phone from eBay or swappa. There is no need to. Plenty of deals from carriers and Samsung.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I think the whole context on why this thread was created was so the OP could feel better about getting rid of the flip. He has made the right move and the rest of the flip owners aren't as intellectually astute. Just MHO.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
This is one of those threads where you want to unsubscribe or scroll past, but it's like watching Tiger King; you know it's kinda stupid after seeing a few episodes, but you go back anyway.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry but this is wrong information!!!So you can't add insurance if you buy a phone on swappa or ebay?
I'm only speaking for Verizon experiences here and asurion. I cant find anywhere on asurion where I can start my own insurance with a phone bought thru swappa or third party, it says to add it thru your carrier. I know Verizon will not let you add it unless within a certain day amount after buying it thru them, used to be 15 days. Verizon does offer open enrollment once a year, but you have to wait for that to be offered. There are other options like square trade, I don't know how those work, I do know I seen one that specifically says they cover ebay phones, you have to send receipts in and other processes and coverage does not start till it's all complete. I think that is what Mike Dee is saying, it's more difficult to insure phones bought third party with good reason.

I do know I ran across this with Verizon, it's been awhile ago, but the refused to warranty a phone less then a year old because I bought it thru a third party like ebay, Swappa. It was not bought thru my Verizon account thru Verizon, best buy, sam's club,Samsung direct, authorized agent and so on. They said since I bought used from a private seller they don't do the warranty, I would have to go directly thru manufacturer for warranty.
d7ec2bf49c0f99c566b677052643e76d.jpg

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm only speaking for Verizon experiences here and asurion. I cant find anywhere on asurion where I can start my own insurance with a phone bought thru swappa or third party, it says to add it thru your carrier. I know Verizon will not let you add it unless within a certain day amount after buying it thru them, used to be 15 days. Verizon does offer open enrollment once a year, but you have to wait for that to be offered. There are other options like square trade, I don't know how those work, I do know I seen one that specifically says they cover ebay phones, you have to send receipts in and other processes and coverage does not start till it's all complete. I think that is what Mike Dee is saying, it's more difficult to insure phones bought third party with good reason.

I do know I ran across this with Verizon, it's been awhile ago, but the refused to warranty a phone less then a year old because I bought it thru a third party like ebay, Swappa. It was not bought thru my Verizon account thru Verizon, best buy, sam's club,Samsung direct, authorized agent and so on. They said since I bought used from a private seller they don't do the warranty, I would have to go directly thru manufacturer for warranty.
d7ec2bf49c0f99c566b677052643e76d.jpg
you can easily add insurance by just clicking the add-on at checkout. Same applies to eBay purchases.
aaad931e1b282b062ad2376fee723d30.jpg

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
you can easily add insurance by just clicking the add-on at checkout. Same applies to eBay purchases.
aaad931e1b282b062ad2376fee723d30.jpg
I clearly said Verizon and asurion. I also said there's insurance available for ebay phones, I just don't know much about them. I do know asurion works, they pay out for claims, I've never had any issues with them. When they couldn't replace my S20U they sent me a $1,500 check. So for me I stick with what I know. I don't care to buy phones thru ebay or swappa sites like that anyway. I avoid ebay for sure, I have used Swappa, but I usually just go thru best buy or something, when you're talking new releases on phones I can usually get them for not much more at best buy and I know there's no scam waiting for me.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
This is one of those threads where you want to unsubscribe or scroll past, but it's like watching Tiger King; you know it's kinda stupid after seeing a few episodes, but you go back anyway.
definitely a pointless thread, but curiosity killed the cat.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I've been monitoring the secondary Market like eBay, swappa and Facebook Marketplace for this device including my own experience trying to sell my device. I came to the conclusion that there just isn't much demand for this device. I had mine listed on swappa the first week of its release date and I struggle to get $700. I also had it on Facebook Marketplace and just got a bunch of low ballers and no serious interest. I've never really struggled too much to sell a phone as I did with the flip 3.

Even carriers like T-Mobile are now offering 699 price with activation. Give it a month or so, I'll be expecting to see buy one get one by free by the carriers really soon.

If those are in the market for the flip 3, I suggest you wait a little bit. It won't be long before these phones will be listed in the sub 600 price range. If you're waiting for the custom colors and you can cancel your order I suggest you do so. By the time your custom color devices gets shipped you can probably get one of the common colors close to half the price of the custom colors.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/sa...have-surpassed-its-total-2021-foldable-sales/

Hmmm