News Is the Galaxy S24 Ultra waterproof?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Simple, I just treat any personal electronics as not water resistant/waterproof and never have any water related damage or concerns.
This is the correct attitude. Water resistance should be treated as something that might save your phone in the event of an accident. Not something that lets you stash your phone in your trunks when you go swimming.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Water doesn't bother me. I am more concerned with sand and what it can do.

View attachment 358950
Maybe we need phones made by Pentax.

I already have one of their cameras, and they do have an industry wide reputation for truly functional weather sealing and durability. Lol (there is a smartphone tie in at the end of the video too.)

Not that I'd intentionally test my camera in such conditions, but I'd trust it over a "waterproof" phone with unsealed ports that can let water in to soak over time, or a fully glass body that is prone to scratches by nothing more than pocket debris.

Last edited:

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Maybe we need phones made by Pentax.

I already have one of their cameras, and they do have an industry wide reputation for truly functional weather sealing and durability. Lol (there is a smartphone tie in at the end of the video too.)

Not that I'd intentionally test my camera in such conditions, but I'd trust it over a "waterproof" phone with unsealed ports that can let water in to soak over time, or a fully glass body that is prone to scratches by nothing more than pocket debris.
You're not wrong. I have owned ruggedized cameras made by Pentax. None of them ever failed while in the water or at the beach. Their Tough line of cameras worked great. I've used them at the pool and while snorkeling.