Is the Galaxy watch broken?

Sean Smith23

Dec 26, 2018
Visit site
tried this - didn't seem to help, auto-connect app doesn't seem to do anything useful for me. I also added the dun setting to the APN on the phone - but (Sucks to be me) no luck - i'll keep playing with it and call Samsung helpline next week (they appear to be still on holiday where i am).

Thanks again.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I agree and disagree too. I thought changing the name to Galaxy Watch meant the watch would be compatible with more Android phones as well. But I also stop and think, you're using a Nokia 8. Isn't it possible Nokia has imposed some limitations in the phone, even with the specs you stated? I agree with others, the watch and Tizen is not rubbish. My Samsung Gear S3 works perfectly with my Samsung Galaxy S7. Kinda like an apple iphone working perfectly with an apple watch...

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
In my quest in getting this watch activated, getting closer but still not activating on the Verizon network, the last rep I spoke with has Apple products and she said there have been as many fails in activating Apple watches as Samsung watches. So, Apple might not be the answer to connectivity problems either.

Anyway, my device is finally legal through Verizon, but now it is not activating on the network. It's been more than an hour since we set it to activate. The rep just called me back. She is going to call me in another two hours. She said she has never seen it take more than three hours to activate once it is set to do so. We will see.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
In my quest in getting this watch activated, getting closer but still not activating on the Verizon network, the last rep I spoke with has Apple products and she said there have been as many fails in activating Apple watches as Samsung watches. So, Apple might not be the answer to connectivity problems either.

Anyway, my device is finally legal through Verizon, but now it is not activating on the network. It's been more than an hour since we set it to activate. The rep just called me back. She is going to call me in another two hours. She said she has never seen it take more than three hours to activate once it is set to do so. We will see.
Good luck. I hope you get it going quickly.

sygnus21

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site

You've way more patience than me cause I would have been returned the watch. 5 days to get a device activated is ridiculous. Maybe it's a Verizon issue, but I also blame Samsung for making things so difficult as well.

Anyway I too have the Galaxy watch, but mine is paired with the Note 9. And while I've got no real issues per se, I am using the watch without it's email app because unless you use Samsung's default email app on the phone, the watch won't sync mail. I get notifications, but nothing through the watch's email app because I'm using Microsoft's Outlook app on the phone to setup my email accounts. That because I'm not using Samsung's phone app, the watch's email app can't see my emails. So, there's a compatibility issue there. No issue though as I'd rather reply to my emails through the phone anyway, but still...

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Eventually i got it to pair, but it is flaky, it disconnects sometimes even if the phone is in my pocket.

Hi Sean. I cant comment on all of your issues, but I can speak to this. It's possible that the problem is that your phone has a defective Bluetooth radio. I say this because I had the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Note 5, and only noticed when I got a Gear S2. My watch would disconnect when my phone was just a few feet away, or when my phone was in my right pocket with my watch on my left hand. So basically even my body was enough to block the BT signal. For awhile I thought the issue was a defective watch, but it turned out my phone was the problem, and a warranty replacement fixed this issue. If Nokia offers a warranty replacement, you might want to request one. Or see if the BT disconnect issue occurs when paired to the Sony Experia.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You've way more patience than me cause I would have been returned the watch. 5 days to get a device activated is ridiculous. Maybe it's a Verizon issue, but I also blame Samsung for making things so difficult as well.

Anyway I too have the Galaxy watch, but mine is paired with the Note 9. And while I've got no real issues per se, I am using the watch without it's email app because unless you use Samsung's default email app on the phone, the watch won't sync mail. I get notifications, but nothing through the watch's email app because I'm using Microsoft's Outlook app on the phone to setup my email accounts. That because I'm not using Samsung's phone app, the watch's email app can't see my emails. So, there's a compatibility issue there. No issue though as I'd rather reply to my emails through the phone anyway, but still...

The awesome rep and I finally got the watch activated last night. We reset everything and tried it again and finally the watch was activated. This morning is the big test with the step tracker. I am going to work out with my phone on me to compare steps. I am hoping for the best so that I don't have to carry my phone around just to get the steps I have earned.

I wish Samsung would make all apps compatible. I use Textra for texting, which is not compatible with the watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332