Is the point of the Slide Aside feature to keep the apps in memory?

Roundpotato

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
As the title states, is the point of the Slide Aside feature to keep the apps in memory so they don't automatically close like apps can normally?

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Just seems like a cack handed version of multitasking, android is already very good at it!

There are a few apps that suck at this, both ways (remembering, or resetting). Leave the app. Come back later. It is not in the same state as it was when I left it. It's nice to see there is an option to keep my app in the state I left it. I miss the way my BB did it. You could exit the app or close the app. If I'm done I close it. If I'm coming back I exit it. It is annoying to come back to an app and have it reset when I didn't want it to, or have to push the back button several times to get to where I want to. I don't always want the same thing to happen to a particular app every time either. I prefer individual control of each app. I don't care what's running in memory. I don't care about task killers that keep apps closed. I want granular control of each app, and I think it should be an option of the OS. So, this feature is of interest to me as it satisfies part of that desire.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae