Is the S6 edge that bad?

UKgalaxy

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I've been considering a switch from my current S5 to either the S6 edge or the new iPhone 6s (may be even the plus version). I know people only ever post problems they have on these forums but are the problems with overheating, lag, defective internal components that common? A slight concern I have is that if I do experience any problems with the edge I really don't want to be messing around with samsung by sending off my phone and waiting for repairs. I believe this is an area where apple excel as they more often than not will do a straight swap for another device.

On the tech side of things I think it's fair to say the edge really does nail the iPhone.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

UKgalaxy

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Just looking at the screen specs on the 6s it would feel like a downgrade if I went for one to be honest. Can't understand why apple haven't beefed them up

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Tamer Sedky

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I have samsung s6 edge and it is overheating very much and i am afraid to expold on my face.... also the phone is very slow.
Any one can advice me ?

Posted via the Android Central App

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Have had mine for 4 months and it's great. Still the best looking phone out there imo, and will remain that way for a while given that iP6s is the same as the iP6. Maybe the next HTC will top it (assuming they don't go out of biz before the spring)

deku13

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
The iphone 6s is about as minimal of an upgrade as you can get from the 6. I had the 6 and came to the s6 edge. The edge is light years ahead. The iPhone wasn't, but it was just a boring phone. The edge lags from time to time, but no more than any other Android phone. Been much better since the 5.1.1 update

Neruda6000

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I bought an S6 Edge last weekend and absolutely zero issues.

Not even a hint of overheating and battery has been lasting me throughout the day. Upgraded from an S4 and would consider myself more of an average user than a heavy user.

In my humble opinion, this is a fantastic phone based on my needs.

Shadowpdx

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Had mine for 3 months now and love it! No overheating, no lag. Haven't encountered any of the problems that I have heard complaints about,

Looney87

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Had mine for a week now and the battery has been hot a few times but I figured cause the phone is new. Haven't had any other problems

UKgalaxy

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Cheers folks. I guess no phone is free from problems, you only have to look on mac rumours to see the problems that pop up from time to time.

Took another look at the S6 edge in store today and the display is just outstanding, an improvement over my already good S5. The build quality is also up there with the best now.

I did come quite close to considering the pre-order of the iPhone 6s plus today but after holding one in store I can really see it being impractical for me day to day. Considered the regular iPhone 6s but the spec sheet alone makes me think I will be downgrading, Just looking at the display resolution would feel like a back wards step. I think it will be a S6 edge I will be upgrading to, a simple example of this was the other day when I had to put a photo from my laptop onto my phone to forward onto a friend. I simply transferred it via Bluetooth to my phone, simple as that. Now if that had been my iPhone I would have had to put the photo into a file, open up iTunes, plug in my iPhone and sync it. Not the end of the world but not as quick as the android method.

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Had my s6 edge since launch and still loving it. Battery has been pretty good for me as I usually get 4 hours SOT minimum with Max being 6. Haven't really had any lag issues but my friends s6 edge does stutter quite abit. If you do buy it test it thoroughly before the cooling off period ends so you can get it replaced.

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I can say I wish I had my iPhone 6 back. While the s6 edge is new and pretty to look at the novelty wears off rather quick. I narrow edges make it harder to hold on to even in a case. While the screen is beautiful the phone does suffer from lag and stutter. Battery life is ok I guess. I'm not a heavy user or anything and get home with about 70% left. Heavy continuous use does cause it to get warm , as does any phone, so no concern there. I haven't been able to find a curved tempered glass screen protector for it yet but they do exist. I put on a plastic film type when I first got it shortly after launch. As soon as I manage to get to ATT and pay off the NEXT plan debt I will be selling mine. Only waiting because nobody who bought could use it other wise. The Samsung round wireless charging disc is the pits. So very touchy to get the phone on their right so it will start to charge. The size of the phone is good. I don't think anything bigger would suit me. Using the edge part of the screen is a joke. Very difficult to rub the screen in the right place to get it to do anything. So that function is of no use. A regular s6 would be better if you were hell bent on getting one. Anyway that's my 2 cents for what it's worth .

Edna Alcazar

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
There is an old saying in life. HUMAN NATURE CAN NEVER BE SATISFIED.You have a great phone there be happy with it and go on with more important things in life than this.Apple is not that great.

RastahMastah

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Its a great phone, you just have to take care of it. Apps it comes with Amazon, Facebook, Samsung Apps, etc take ALOT of space. Disable them. Facebook especially. If you use Facebook then just go on chrome, login and it will give you option to accept notifications from Facebook.com. this way you still can get your updates without the hefty Facebook app. My S6 Edge runs flawless after.

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I love my edge. It runs as smooth as it looks. The only drawback is there isn't a tempered glass screen protector (that I've found) that works right. I have a Spigen Neo Hybrid case on it, and AM Film screen protector, and they work very well with the phone. I am not a heavy user, but I usually still have 60% battery life, after an 8 hour day, so one charge a day works easily for me. I use the night clock as my alarm clock. I can see myself keeping this phone for a while. No issues that I haven't been able to fix.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Picked mine up the other day. No regrets so far. Phone runs smoothly and I really like the smaller size compared to the Note or Nexus.

DWhitt1981

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Had mine just over a week having had iPhones since the 3GS and I have to say I'm impressed. In many respects it works very much like the iPhone meaning there isn't really a culture shock. Some things are different but that is to be expected and they're easy to learn.

With regard to overheating, I haven't noticed it with mine but my iPhone would get warm with labour intensive tasks so even if the edge gets warm, it's not like it's the only phone that does it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngdaddy3