Question Is there a call recorder app that actually works?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Call recorder apps were banned from the Play Store a few years ago, so you'd probably have to look elsewhere for one that still works (and since the app source for such an app is more likely to be shady, I would be very cautious about installing one).

Many parts of the US (and possibly other countries -- I haven't researched that) require the person being recorded to explicitly consent. I don't know the exact reason for the ban, but I'm guessing that Google didn't want to get entangled in the various liability and privacy issues that could arise from allowing these kinds of apps to be in the Play Store.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I actually still use ACR...

I believe you have to also install the companion phone dialer app for it to work. I have their phone dialer app installed but but I don't use it for my phone calls, incoming or outgoing and it still records my phone calls. I happen to live in a state that only requires one party notification for recording but many states require all parties to be notified if they're recorded.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I actually still use ACR...

I believe you have to also install the companion phone dialer app for it to work. I have their phone dialer app installed but but I don't use it for my phone calls, incoming or outgoing and it still records my phone calls. I happen to live in a state that only requires one party notification for recording but many states require all parties to be notified if they're recorded.
Not compatible on my Fold 5
50dfc6cb116186afa3d6362602b776ce.jpg

Reactions: tismydroid

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Not compatible on my Fold 5
50dfc6cb116186afa3d6362602b776ce.jpg
Hmm, I wonder if it requires you to install the ACR dialer app first? Or maybe mine is still installed & working because it was installed back in 2022? Or is just not compatible with foldable phones? When my son drops by with his new S24U, I'll have to see if it is compatible with his new phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hmm, I wonder if it requires you to install the ACR dialer app first? Or maybe mine is still installed & working because it was installed back in 2022? Or is just not compatible with foldable phones? When my son drops by with his new S24U, I'll have to see if it is compatible with his new phone.
Maybe I haven't tried the ACR dialer app, ok let me know on your findings