Is there a stock Gingerbread + Xiona kernel ROM available?

Hugh Johnson

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone has found a copy of 2.3 Gingerbread but optimized using something like the Xiona kernel for our Optimus Vs. There's the Aphrodite ROM but I believe that's based off of 2.2.

I'm just looking for an optimized, stock Gingerbread ROM. It seems like Superuser and Spare Parts can be added on later quite easily.

Hugh Johnson

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Would you happen to have a link for that? All I could find is the aospCMod ROM. :'( I tried aospCMod yesterday but went back to Zefie's CM7 because I didn't like the ADW launcher.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
That is the 2.3 asop Im referring too.
The launcher can be changed if that is all you didnt like.
As far as a plain jane 2.3 I dont know of one yet.
aSOP tho builds his versions based on the plain jane version.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
is the mms broke in this one do you know?

MMS will be broke until VM release the source code and somebody can crack it.

This has been asked so many times, and answered so many times.
VM uses a special encryption method for MMS.
Its like super secret not even the pentagon can get it cracked.
Yes Im being a bit dramatic but we have some damn amazing devs that are still scratching their head going WHAT THE???

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
MMS will be broke until VM release the source code and somebody can crack it.

This has been asked so many times, and answered so many times.
VM uses a special encryption method for MMS.
Its like super secret not even the pentagon can get it cracked.
Yes Im being a bit dramatic but we have some damn amazing devs that are still scratching their head going WHAT THE???

damn..well i knew they had it encrypted but I thought it could be solved and eventually fixed..I didnt know that VM didnt have source code out

liquidmass

Dec 29, 2010
optimusv.wikispaces.com
VM uses some secret settings for their MMS service.... LG source does nothing to help with that. VM's 1st android device "samsung intercept" developers had the same issue trying to get mms working in the froyo roms (stock was eclair)... so yes, it wont likely happen until VM releases their official gingerbread update... and that will come about half a year after lg releases theirs... most likely. but there is always the odd chance some super "god like" developer will get it working, or someone figures it out by mistake haha.

denshigomi

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Helgaiden

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Sure about that? P500

After trying it, it doesn't appear to work. It seems to get stuck at the factory LG logo on boot. I figured if the S CM7 ROM would work on our Vs then all Optimus ROMs would. Maybe not.

If its an Optimus One P500 ROM then that phone uses a GSM chipset. Flashing a ROM designed to run a kernel and baseband off a GSM chipset onto a CDMA phone is a no go. I guess you now this now lol.