Is there a way to make it so I temporarily can't turn off my Samsung S5?

cluelesss3

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a problem with turning off my phone's alarm on the weekends. Currently I use the "I Can't Wake Up" app (free version) on my S5. I have it set so I have to go into my kitchen and scan barcodes to get the alarm to shut off. Was working GREAT until I realized I could just turn off my phone to get it to stop, and then back to sleep :(

Question is: I think I can disallow the ability to enter a pin via this app. Now I just need to find out if there's a way I can set my S5 to force me to enter my pin code in order to turn the phone off (If it's set up this way I won't be able to enter my pin during the alarm, therefore I can't turn off my phone during the alarm).

Thx!!

cluelesss3

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, B. Diddy. I appreciate your advice. Unfortunately the app I'm using does have the puzzle-solving requirement. The problem with me is that I'll go ahead and solve that puzzle while in bed and STILL go back to sleep (yes, I realize I am being extremely lazy - but only on weekends).

Thanks again, though. I thought the puzzle-solving would work as well, but had to move on to the scanning bar codes requirement which worked beautifully until I realized I could just turn my phone off...

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Put the phone in a metal dish and at a distance so you have to get out of bed to stop the infernal racket. Pick a song you detest as ringtone for more incentive... :-D

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Put the phone in a metal dish and at a distance so you have to get out of bed to stop the infernal racket. Pick a song you detest as ringtone for more incentive... :-D
Oh, and make sure it's set to vibrate too!

That's actually a good suggestion, though. Might I suggest the Hamster Dance or Crazy Frog songs. Lol

cluelesss3

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm not aware of anything that can prevent you from turning a phone off. If you're you're that bad about getting out of bed, then you may want to go with something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01J42YJYW?psc=1&tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5879599

Yes, that was actually my next purchase...but I may try the metal dish with vibration first. Thx! I do realize this isn't the worst problem in the world, but I do need to be more efficient with my time, and yes, it IS that bad.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Chuckles! It can be a big problem if you are late for work too often... I do shift work (critical care nurse) so know about dragging my sorry butt out of bed to face the day...