Is there any downside to leaving my Pixel 3 on the Pixel Stand all day?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So far, so good! I haven't had a chance to put the camera through its paces yet -- that'll happen when I go to China (Shanghai and Hangzhou) in the near future!

From my 2xl , I enjoyed the louder speakers ,beautiful screen,better battery and wireless charging. Camera wise wont be dramatic difference except selfie cam .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For me, screen does seem better, but not by leaps and bounds (I may have lucked out with my 2 XL's screen, although I don't miss the crushed shadows when brightness went below 50%). Battery has been about the same, but then again, my workplace just eats battery, since both mobile and wi-fi signal are mediocre. Although I'm not a big selfie-taker, I am looking forward to the wider-angle selfie, because taking them with my wife and kid will look better, without the peripheral distortion that is prominent with the 2 XL's selfie cam.

OK, I'd better not continue to hijack the OP's thread! Back to our regular programming ...

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
How I manage it, is I have chargers of various types in all my frequent landing places: adjacent to my living room chair, in my car, at my bedside and at work. Makes it pretty convenient. I don't change phones yearly, mostly because my phone is both personal/business use and it's a PIA to get my work email, calendar, contacts configured and working properly. I had my Moto XPE 4 years before this 3XL and plan on keeping this phone as long as I can, so battery health is important to me and I'm fine with babying it or doing what I have to, to get as much life out of it as possible.

Fair enough, to each their own. Like you i dont change my phone yearly, but i do every two years once my contract is up and i got my hardware refresh available. Ive rarely paid attention to the performance of my battery on any phone beyond my first month owning it...unless things get really bad, only happened with 6P after its first year. I used to monitor my phone battery aggressively but realizing it doesnt really impact me as an individual (and it was more about understanding my phone, how it operates instead of being concerned) and was OK to give it up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao