Is there ANY way to block SPAM emails from coming in as text messages?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Note10+ on the AT&T network. There's no option to block, only delete! Yes, they're emails NOT text messages! I've tried FWD them to AT&T short code but then they ask for the phone # associated with the text..THERE ISN'T ONE! This is so very frustrating. Can anyone offer a suggestion THAT ACTUALLY WORKS? Looks like the only domains I'm seeing are gmail and hotmail.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is a common problem on AT&T -- see this thread: https://forums.att.com/conversation...est-technique/5df02b91bad5f2f606e8c5d2#M40808. Not sure if the proposed solution there actually works. Other carriers (like T-Mobile, which I use) have an option within the user account website to disable the email address associated with the phone number (and which then converts the email to a text). You could try digging in your AT&T account website, or talk to customer service about it, but from the many forum threads that come up with a search about this issue, it seems like AT&T has never come up with a solution.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Also , now I remember make a new contract use a fake number with that email address on the contact card and block .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The tricky thing is that like any spammer, the source email address or phone number will vary a lot, so blocking one address or number won't prevent the spam completely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maddy2005