Is there any way to increase note 8 camera iso to 1600?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I want to take a night sky photo with my Galaxy note 8, but its iso is only 800. But I can see it's auto iso can increase your 1600.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
A quick internet search suggests that the Note 8 has a max ISO of 800 when in manual mode.

I am not sure if installing a different camera app will help or not.

Let's see if we get some better eyes seeing this thread if it is moved into the Note 8 forum...

Spencurious

Nov 27, 2017
Visit site
Although apps other than the Samsung one can simulate a higher ISO, you'll lose so much detail the stars may not show clearly. Better to use a lower ISO and a longer exposure. Make sure the phone is steady, use the manual (pro) settings and select the exposure manually - it can go up to 10 seconds.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Although apps other than the Samsung one can simulate a higher ISO, you'll lose so much detail the stars may not show clearly. Better to use a lower ISO and a longer exposure. Make sure the phone is steady, use the manual (pro) settings and select the exposure manually - it can go up to 10 seconds.
Agreed. Higher ISO will not give you the picture quality you are looking for. You will also need to invest in a tripod, if you don't have one already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord