Is there anyway to remove Default Samsung Contacts Icons

Raajpoot

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyway to remove the default creepy contact icons in Android?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 using Tapatalk Pro

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can update the icons with whatever picture you want

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but you have to go into every dang contact and change it. Samsung gave us a stupid default icon that makes all my female contacts males. And yes, it's a creepy icon.

Raajpoot

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
It's very difficult to change all of my 500+ contacts one by one. I hope there would be some third party App. Any idea?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 using Tapatalk Pro

j9stagemgr

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm with you on this one! Why only male? Who chooses the background colors on the icons? Why do I have to go in and change each one individually? Let us know. Thanks

Sun Jul

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
There sure doesn't seem to be any easy way to change the default icon, but it's pretty easy to bulk-edit your contacts and add the same image to every entry. As long as there's an image, the creepy guy won't appear. You'll need a good plain-text editor to do this, and Android File Transfer if you're on a Mac.

What I did was edit a single contact and give it the image I wanted to use for all. Then I exported the contacts, copied the resulting .vcf file to my computer, and edited it with a plain-text editor. It's pretty easy to see which glop of text is the encoded photo. Just copy and paste the same glop to the contacts without photos. Be very careful to preserve the formatting -- spaces and blank lines -- or the copied data will be ignored. If you have hundreds of contacts, use your editor's macro or repeat function. Save the edited file, copy it back to the device, and import it back into Contacts. (I actually deleted all my contacts before importing, but I don't know if that's required.)

This doesn't help you going forward, because new contacts will always get the default image until you add a pic. So now every time I add a new contact I just take a picture of my shoe or something.

Jodilee

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
there used to be a way to remove the avatar and just see the email (without graphics at all)... can't figure out how to get that on this new 5.

any one know the way? thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582